Refine Search Clear All
Cyber Security Analyst - Active Clearance Required
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 08/23/2022
Job Code: 320.1 Computer Associate / 320.2 Senior Computer Associate
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Cyber Security Analyst to provide advanced cyber and technical support for unclassified and classified networks, standalone systems, security systems, user accounts and access, and implementation of security controls. You will manage complex security plans and component configurations, complete self-assessments and computer security projects. You will interact regularly with team members, customers, management, and sponsors to solve a variety of complex cyber problems in a timely manner. This position is in the Information Technology Operations (ITO) Division supporting the Field Intelligence Element (FIE) within the Computing Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the 320.1 or 320.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
In this job you will
- Serve in the Information Systems Security Owner (ISSO)) role as the author and owner of comprehensive cyber security document packages.
- Plan, design, and evaluate complex cybersecurity solutions.
- Perform advanced computer security tasks such as vulnerability remediation, audit of computer logs, and creation of documentation on policies, procedures, test plans, and risk analyses.
- Inspect information systems to verify compliance and work closely with system administrators to maintain security and accreditation status.
- Manage unclassified and classified account authorization processes and perform approvals.
- Collaborate with customers in the design of their computing environment and security management processes.
- Research solutions and manage cyber-security related projects with a diverse scope over multiple environments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the 320.2 Level
- Provide highly advanced technical assistance to the user community.
- Manage cyber-security related projects.
- Develop scripts to automate security tasks within multiple environments.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business, information systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge and experience editing and testing system security plans.
- Advanced knowledge of and technical expertise with cyber-related tools for auditing, compliance verification, vulnerability testing, and continuous system monitoring.
- Experience setting priorities and solving complex problems in a fast-paced, customer-focused team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of and substantial experience with computer security practices and procedures.
- Technical expertise in system administration, computer networking, infrastructure architecture, cyber security, and/or another IT field.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to collaborate in a team environment and document, present and explain technical information.
In Addition at the 320.2 Level
- Extensive experience developing and presenting cyber or IT solutions to a senior management team.
- Extensive experience leading cyber or IT projects.
- Highly advanced troubleshooting skills to solve complex problems, such as through writing automation scripts.
- Professional computer certification (e.g., CISSP, SANS Certification, Security+).
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing candidates and employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value and hire a diverse workforce as it is a vital component of our culture and success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
At LLNL, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now