Refine Search Clear All
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 07/07/2022
Job Code: SES.2 Science & Engineering MTS 2 / SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a SharePoint Administrator/Software Developer to support our an on-perm implementation of SharePoint. You will work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment and focus on SharePoint administration, support, and development. This position is in the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD) working as part of the LivIT Workforce Enablement Team within the Computing Directorate.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Administer a multi-site SharePoint implementation, including but not limited to monitoring, patching, service requests, incidents, and other DevOps support tasks.
- Define, design, and implement SharePoint based solutions in collaboration with project team members, consultants, contractors, users, and business process owners.
- Participate in broad independent interactions with all levels of personnel.
- Perform tier 3 support and troubleshooting tasks for SharePoint and OneDrive. Tasks include performing work on service requests, incidents, maintenance activities, and other DevOps support tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the SES.3 level
- Independently lead development efforts to provide innovative tools and solutions which improve overall user experience and core SharePoint services.
- Manage advanced parallel tasks and priorities of customers and stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met, while leveraging team members’ skills.
- Provide knowledge sharing/mentoring with other team members as it relates to SharePoint.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with SharePoint as a SharePoint System Administrator in a large complex environment or similar equivalent experience.
- Experience developing custom solutions with SharePoint or other comparable platforms or languages.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills for complex problems.
- Proficient interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate as part of a cohesive development team working with multiple customers and organizations simultaneously with time constraints and present and explain technical information to others.
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 level
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience designing and architecting complex SharePoint implementations or other comparable platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of and significant experience designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining software systems.
- Advanced ability to provide innovative approaches and apply new technologies to broadly defined tasks and projects.
Qualifications We Desire
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer with knowledge of Microsoft applications, such as, Active Directory, MS PKI, or Office 365.
- Knowledge and experience with SharePoint Online.
- Experience with ServiceNow platform.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.