Refine Search Clear All
Audio Video Installation Technician
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 06/28/2022
Job Code: 531.1 Technician-Electronics / 531.2 Technologist-Electronics
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Audio Video Installation Technician. With safety and quality workmanship as a priority, you will install audio, video, and Video Teleconferencing systems, including video projection systems, displays, touch panels, speakers (ceiling mounted and clusters), cabling installation, rack wiring, and terminating A/V systems. You should be self-motivated, professional, and seeking long-term employment. This position is in the Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) Division within the Computing Directorate, in support of the LivIT Program.
This position will be filled at either the 531.1 or 531.2 level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide basic installation of audio/visual projects including but not limited to pulling cable, installing connectors, mounting A/V equipment, and metal/mechanical fabrication.
- Utilize hand tools, power tools, and other miscellaneous A/V tools. Perform soldering and crimping of connectors (such as XLR and RJ4.
- Install televisions, projector and projection screen support structures, cameras, microphones, and other miscellaneous A/V related equipment.
- Communicate daily job site status to Team Lead and/or Management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the 531.2 Level
- Provide moderately complex installation of audio/visual projects.
- Read and interpret moderately complex electronic schematics and architectural blueprints.
- Perform rack wiring based on industry standards and local security requirements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Associate degree in electronics, computer maintenance, or electro-optic technology; or a technology related certificate or diploma and related work experience and related course work; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a technical or engineering field that includes electronic training.
- Basic experience and knowledge in the field of construction and/or trades.
- Experience working with commercial A/V electronics, such as AMX, Extron and Crestron.
- Experience pulling cable, such as CAT5/6 or Coax.
- Ability to operate hand/power tools (i.e. drills, saws, reciprocating saws, etc.), climb ladders, and lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work under general supervision while meeting necessary deadlines.
- Effective communication, written, interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce and customers.
Additional Qualifications at the 531.2 Level
- Experience mounting A/V equipment.
- Intermediate knowledge and/or experience reading and following schematics, sketches, drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Knowledge of signal flow for audio, video, and control systems.
Qualifications We Desire
- Extron AV Associate Certification.
- Completion of the OSHA 10-Hour Construction Course.
- Completion of InfoComm Quick Start to the Audiovisual Industry Course.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now