Refine Search Clear All
Senior Java Developer
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 02/05/2022
Job Code: SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3 / SES.4 Science & Engineering MTS 4
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role, you will
- Contribute software design, development, design, and OOP architecture expertise to multiple projects and ensure that specifications are met.
- Design, code, implement, test, debug, maintain, and document software applications.
- Prepare and follow established software development standards and contribute to the future improvement of these standards.
- Research, develop, and contribute to complex, mission critical, role-based, enterprise level, full stack, restful, web-based applications.
- Conceptualize, develop designs, and implement solutions, in collaboration with key stakeholder customers and other developers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the SES.4 Level
- Provide technical leadership with relevant experience to manage complex projects, effectively leveraging the skills of team members.
- Solve abstract and complex problems through the delivery of solutions that require in-depth analysis of multiple factors and the creative use of established methods.
- Serve as a mentor for multiple mid-level staff and participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration with concentration in Computer Information Systems or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in Java applications development such as Java, Hibernate, JPA, and Web Services.
- Significant experience with HTML5, responsive design, and a basic understanding of CSS/SCSS.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience with cross-browser testing and compatibility.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to work effectively with application developers, system programmers, and other technical staff.
Additional qualifications at the SES.4 level
- Highly advanced analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to develop creative solutions to highly complex problems.
- Expert ability to communicate comprehensive knowledge effectively across multi-disciplinary teams with proficient interpersonal skills to collaborate and lead in a team environment.
- Highly advanced experience working with senior management with demonstrated ability to manage, coordinate, and guide other functional and technical professionals.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working in and deploying solutions in AWS
- Experience with Scrum in an agile development environment
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now