Refine Search Clear All
Cyber Support Technician
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 12/13/2021
Job Code: 525.2 Computer Support Technologist / 525.3 Sr Comp Support Technologist
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Cyber Support Technician to provide basic cyber and technical support for multiple unclassified networks, standalone systems, security systems, user accounts and access and implementation of security controls. This position is in the Information Technology Operations (ITO) Division within the Computing Directorate matrixed to the National Ignition Facility and Photon Science (NIF).
This position will be filled at either the 525.2 or 525.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Perform user account access management and monitor component compliance for various networks and standalone systems.
- Provide Cyber Security Escort (CSE) service for IT staff or programmatic customers.
- Perform IT equipment evaluations and procurement recommendations.
- Inspect and document information systems to verify compliance.
- Manage unclassified and classified account approvals and process.
- Monitor and triage work queue requests.
- Interact with users on security issues related to hardware, application software, and operating systems.
- Maintain appropriate technology, computer security, and safety training and perform all assignments in accordance with policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the 525.3 Level
- Serve as the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) role as the author and owner of comprehensive cyber security document packages.
- Provide advanced technical and computer security guidance and troubleshooting.
- Plan, design, and evaluate complex cyber security solutions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Associate’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and flexibility to adjust to changing deadlines.
- Ability to execute sound judgments in a highly dynamic environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with customers and handling issues with confidentiality and professionalism.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Software Suite.
- Basic troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, consistent follow-through to assure issue is resolved and policies and procedures are followed.
- Ability to consistently follow procedural guidelines.
Additional Qualifications at the 525.3 Level
- Experience developing and documenting work processes.
- Experience administering, troubleshooting, maintaining, repairing, and securing Windows and Mac hardware, software, applications and operating systems.
- Ability to write complex security plans, maintain component configurations, and inspect computer and network hardware.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with LLNL, DOE, and NNSA cyber security policies, procedures, and implementations.
- Knowledge of computer security concepts and practices for one or more common operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac, or Linux).
- Information security training.
Pre-Employment Drug Test:
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now