Refine Search Clear All
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 12/09/2021
Job Code: SES.2 Science & Engineering MTS 2 / SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Flexible Term
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Collaboration Engineer. You will work independently as a technical expert on a collaborative team, focused on the successful implementation of the Microsoft and Cisco Collaborative Suite products at LLNL in support of the larger National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) complex. This position is in the Enterprise Infrastructure Services Division (EIS), in support of the LivIT Program, in the Computing Directorate. Work location will be balanced between required on-site presence and remote work as job duties demand.
This position will be filled at either the SES.2 or SES.3 level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide day to day operational guidance and support for the deployment of Skype for Business, Cisco Expressway, Cisco Meeting Server (CMS), and Video Teleconferencing Equipment, such as Poly, Cisco, etc..
- Develop and deploy any Collaborative services (Instant Messaging, VoIP, Web Conferencing, Video Conferencing), SLAs, Change Management, RCA, Incidents (P1/P2) and Voice Documentation (KB Articles, SOP, etc.).
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Engage with technical staff to contribute to the technical strategy and design to meet business needs.
- Implement enterprise services and provide system support in and enterprise computing environments.
- Diagnose and resolve moderately complex VoIP/video/web conferencing and/or web application sharing system problems.
- Work collaboratively with a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to work under limited direction with a moderate degree of maturity, discretion, and judgment, including occasionally working outside normal business hours to provide support for operations and maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the SES.3 level
- Architect, build, implement and maintain and/or support integrated Unified Communications environments with high-level technical expertise.
- Provide technical leadership for team supporting the Collaboration Suite of services across multiple vendors and installation sites.
- Develop complex operational scripts using PowerShell or equivalent language to automate operational tasks.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of one or more of the following: Microsoft Skype/Team/MS SQL/Messaging/Cisco CMS/Video teleconferencing/WebEx, or equivalent platforms.
- Success in performing work and contributing to complex and/or large projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of VoIP and/or SIP protocols.
- Proficiency in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Broad experience in eliciting requirements and communicating clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff.
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 level
- Advanced experience with Windows Server administration and/or configuration.
- Experience with Skype for Business Enterprise Voice/Cisco Unified Communications Manager or equivalent VoIP platforms.
- Significant experience developing automation to solve operational tasks using PowerShell or equivalent language.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.