Refine Search Clear All
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 10/25/2021
Job Code: SES.2 Science & Engineering MTS 2 / SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a SharePoint Developer to support LLNL’s implementation of SharePoint O365. You will work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment and focus on SharePoint administration and development. This position is in the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD) working as part of the LivIT Workforce Enablement Team within the Computation Directorate.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Collaborate with project team members, consultants, contractors, users, and business process owners to define, design, and implement SharePoint and TEAMS based solutions.
- Utilize proven software and quality assurance methodologies when designing, implementing, or deploying solutions.
- Participate in broad independent interactions with all levels of personnel within the Laboratory.
- Perform tier 3 support and troubleshooting tasks for SharePoint, OneDrive, Project Web App, TEAMS, Power Platform, and Dynamics. Tasks include performing work on service requests, incidents, maintenance activities, and other DevOps support tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the SES.3 Level
- Independently lead development efforts to provide innovative tools and solutions which improve overall user experience and core SharePoint services.
- Manage advanced parallel tasks and priorities of customers and stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met, while leveraging team member’s skills.
- Provide knowledge sharing/mentoring with other team members as it relates to O365 services and Dynamics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with SharePoint O365 as a SharePoint System Administrator in a large complex environment or similar equivalent experience.
- Broad experience developing custom solutions with SharePoint O365 or other comparable platforms or languages.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills for complex problems.
- Proficient interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate as part of a cohesive development team working with multiple customers and organizations simultaneously with time constraints and present and explain technical information to others.
Additional Qualifications at the SES.3 Level
- Advanced knowledge of SharePoint O365 and demonstrated ability to design and architecture complex SharePoint implementations or other comparable platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of and significant experience designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining software systems.
- Advanced ability to provide innovative approaches and apply new technologies to broadly defined tasks and projects.
Qualifications We Desire
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer with knowledge of Microsoft applications, such as Active Directory, MS PKI, or Office 365.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Dynamics and development of custom solutions within Dynamics and Power Apps.
- Experience with mobile development platforms and/or ServiceNow platform.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.