Refine Search Clear All
Sidney Fernbach Postdoctoral Fellow
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 10/18/2021
Job Code: PDS.4 Lawrence Fellow Post Doc
Position Type: Post Doctoral
Security Clearance: None (however, assignments longer than 179 days require a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We are looking for a Sidney Fernbach Postdoctoral Fellowship candidate in the Computing Sciences. This fellowship is a prestigious postdoctoral position that will be awarded to one candidate with exceptional talent, scientific track record, and potential for significant achievements in computational mathematics, scientific computing, computer science, and/or data science. Details of the fellowship may be found at https://computing.llnl.gov/fernbach. You will have the freedom to pursue your own original research in one or more aspects of computing sciences. You will work in a cutting-edge, interdisciplinary research environment with accomplished researchers with access to Livermore Computing’s world-class HPC environment. Position will be closed to applicants after November 19, 2021.
In this role you will
- Conduct original and independent research in the computing sciences.
- Report research results in LLNL seminars and in the major scientific conferences.
- Publish research results in refereed journals.
- Interact with a broad spectrum of scientists internally and externally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Computational Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, or related computational science and engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated creativity, exceptional ability, and superior knowledge in the computing sciences.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct original and independent research through a proven track record of scientific accomplishment.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact with a multidisciplinary research team, author technical and scientific reports and papers, and deliver technical presentations.
- Experience writing reports, publications and proposals.
- Demonstrated potential for technical leadership.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now