Refine Search Clear All
Cisco Voice Services Administrator
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 10/13/2021
Job Code: 320.1 Computer Associate / 320.2 Senior Computer Associate
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Cisco Voice Services Administrator to support production voice services providing advanced production services support for the LivConnected voice services which includes Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager (CUCM), Cisco Automatic Call Distribution (ACD), Cisco Jabber on all enterprise desktops and mobile devices, Cisco IP phones, Cisco Unity voicemail system, Cisco Telepresence and Cisco WebEx video telecommunications. This position is in the Information Technology Solutions division within the Computing Directorate in support of the LivIT program.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide advanced operational support for existing and future production Voice over IP (VoIP) and video services such as Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity voicemail, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX), IP phones, Cisco Telepresence, softphone clients (e.g., Jabber) on PC/Mac/iOS/Android platforms, Cisco WebEx and other IP-telephony and video products.
- Develop and document business processes and technical requirements in support of the voice services offerings under minimal supervision.
- Document test procedures and perform advanced QA testing of hardware and software in non-production environment to include the above-mentioned Cisco technologies.
- Develop and/or integrate tools in support of production voice and video services, including but not limited to ServiceNow.
- Exercise independent judgement to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems escalated from the central help desk (Tier 1) or reported by monitoring systems.
- Adhere to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and procedures for Change, Release and Problem Management.
- Understand and follow appropriate security policies and procedures.
- Participate in broad, independent interactions with all levels of personnel within the Laboratory, including working with vendors as necessary to remediate incidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 320.2 level
- Maintain and support Unified Communications environment with a high-level of technical expertise.
- Represent the program at meetings or conferences.
- Diagnose and resolve complex system and Cisco, or similar system, related problems.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or engineering related field or equivalent combination of technical training and extensive experience.
- Advanced technical experience implementing enterprise services and providing technical support in an enterprise computing environment, preferably in one or more of the following: voice services, configuration management, system administration, infrastructure services, web conferencing, networking.
- Extensive experience providing operational and technical support and testing expertise of complex systems, e.g., voice services, configuration management, system administration, infrastructure services, web conferencing, networking.
- Significant experience troubleshooting highly technical issues in desktop, voice, web conferencing, infrastructure, and/or networking services.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information, document work and prepare/present technical information to others.
- Extensive experience writing detailed and complex technical documentation, such as operating procedures, run-books and support procedures.
- Advanced ability to advise and recommend technical approaches and solutions.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of maturity, discretion, and judgment.
Additional qualifications at the 320.2 level
- Highly advanced technical experience implementing enterprise services and providing technical support in an enterprise computing environment, preferably in one or more of the following: voice services, configuration management, system administration, infrastructure services, web conferencing, networking.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting highly technical issues in one or more of the following areas: desktop, voice, web conferencing, and/or networking services.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a technical team environment to present, explain and provide advice to management.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.