Refine Search Clear All
Full Stack Developer
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 10/13/2021
Job Code: 320.1 Computer Associate / 320.2 Senior Computer Associate
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have multiple openings for a Website Developer (Full Stack) matrixed to the Recharge Services Division within the Technical Information Department (TID). The selected candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of external and internal websites. This position will work independently to develop website framework and content that meets the needs of external and internal collaborators, senior management, and administrative personnel. This position is in the IT Solutions Division within the LivIT Program in the Computing Directorate.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role, you will
- Develop and implement front end websites using the available CMS, ensure responsiveness of site, design web-based user interactions, and work alongside UI/UX graphic designers on web design features collaboratively.
- Develop and implement innovative ideas for continually improving user experience, code quality, and productivity working with the team lead.
- Administer, maintain, and troubleshoot various TID servers running the LAMP stack which host a number of services including TID’s WordPress server farm.
- Develop custom work-group applications to fulfill a variety of needs as directed by the client.
- Partner with clients, graphic designers, and editors to define, develop, and establish objectives to meet the web specification requirements for projects, frequently responsible for customer contact and consultation.
- Design new framework and content that conform with institutional specifications and frameworks. Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Independently address complex technical issues and provide creative solutions related to institutional compatibility, support, and system needs, under minimal supervision.
- Broad, independent interactions with all levels of personnel within own organization and frequent interactions with customers at all levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 320.2 level
- Provide SME-level direction on best practices and implementation of web frameworks, CMS utilization, UI/UX design principals, and scripting for multiple internal and external sites.
- Identify and present improvements to the WordPress farm and relevant technology and tools that can be leveraged for custom development efforts.
- Independently determine project objectives and scope, establishing commitments of cost, schedule, and quality of assignments.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of server architecture and troubleshooting, Linux, Apache, MySQL Database. Advanced knowledge of MySQL database, HTML, CSS, SCSS framework, and PHP and .Net.
- Significant experience using latest technologies and practices with a diverse set of software and applications, such as Oracle, MariaDB, MongoDB, and Git.
- Experience building sites, developing themes, and creating/modifying modules for Content Management Systems (CMS), such as Drupal, WordPress, and Liferay.
- In-depth knowledge of current trends and best practices in web architecture and design such as performance, accessibility, UI/UX design, prototyping, scalability, compliance, and usability.
- Experience managing projects and establishing commitments while demonstrating written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact tactfully and effectively with a diverse group of personalities, disciplines, and customers.
Additional qualifications at the 320.2 level
- Extensive experience establishing commitments of cost, schedule, scope, and quality of projects with limited direction.
- Expert knowledge of LAMP server architecture and troubleshooting.
- Expert knowledge of the latest technologies and best practices in CMS, web architecture, scripting, UI/UX design principles, and framework software.
Qualifications We Desire
- Proficiency with build tools such as Node.js, NPM, Webpack, Docker or Laravel.
- Knowledge of caching mechanisms like varnish, Memcached, Redis
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.