Refine Search Clear All
Administrative Specialist - Computing AD Office
Administrative | livermore, CA | 07/21/2021
Job Code: 405.3 Administrative Specialist III
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist. Under limited supervision, you will perform a full range of moderately difficult administrative activities in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment. In addition to being well organized and methodical, your communication skills will be needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions across the laboratory. This position is in the Computing Associate Directorate Office.
In this role you will
- Serve as a resource in day-to-day administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory, and respond on their behalf to gather, clarify, and disseminate information and coordinate activities.
- Gather information from various sources, compile data, and prepare moderately complex reports and presentations.
- Serve on the hiring team as administrative support.
- Independently compose correspondence for signature, schedule appointments, maintain calendars, track action and signature items, ensuring timely flow of paperwork, and verify accuracy prior to submission for approvals.
- Coordinate a variety of administrative functions, including independently answering phones, managing inquiries, making appropriate referrals, ordering supplies, following through on requests, and maintaining spreadsheets, files, and tracking systems.
- Arrange moderately complex domestic and foreign travel and itineraries, including submitting expense reports and processing payment requests.
- Coordinate, process, track and manage details for external visitors and collaborators, including verification of security clearances, preparation of agendas, badging, and information dissemination.
- Serve as an administrative team member and assist with special projects in various divisions if needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Administrative knowledge and experience, including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Effective organizational skills with experience working under limited supervision, prioritizing multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and critical deadlines, while showing flexibility, attention to detail, discretion, tact, and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, mature judgment, professionalism, and discretion, necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the directorate.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to moderately difficult administrative problems.
-Proven ability to be self-motivated and flexible with the ability to set priorities and goals.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience with programs such as the Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Entrust, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience working effectively as a team member, as well as independently.
- Familiarity with LLNL’s Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of LLNL business applications and processes such as LAPIS, SMART RECRUITERS, LTRAIN, LEAP, TIME, LABI, FTS, VTS and ePay.
- Active Q Clearance
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now