Refine Search Clear All
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 05/19/2022
Job Code: SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Software/Database Developer to provide highly advanced technical support for all phases of the software development life cycle including design, application development, testing, and maintenance. You will collaborate with customers in the design and overall operation of information environments and collaborate independently with all levels of personnel both internal and external to LLNL including Laboratory management, technical staff, and outside agencies. You will work independently under minimal direction. This position is in the Enterprise Application Services Division (EAS), within the Computing Directorate, matrixed to the Alarms Central System group.
In this role you will
- Lead and support a diverse range of highly complex projects of a broad and diverse scope related to computer software and the technical operational environment requiring, partnering with senior management and organizations across the Laboratory.
- Oversee all phases of product development including analysis, design, implementation, testing and deliver end-to-end fully functional solutions to complex problems.
- Provide subject matter expertise to Alarms Division’s enterprise applications in technical design, implementation, deploying, and maintaining of software systems.
- Review and analyze alarms event data from the TCP/IP network to compare and initiate emergency response notifications.
- Develop RESTful API Design & Implementation Using WCF, .Net Core, ASP.net applications.
- Analyze hardware, software, and operational procedural failures and develop and recommend solutions, and collaborate with alarm event database and software developers in determining long range planning and appropriate project scope and direction.
- Participate as a team member in a dynamic work environment, willingness to learn new skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience and advanced knowledge of Windows and MS SQL Server database, data, application modeling and overseeing the successful completion of complex information technology projects.
- Hands-on experience in RESTful services, Web API.
- Advanced aptitude applying principals of Object-Oriented paradigm to various projects.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience utilizing software quality assurance methodologies and practices.
- Proven ability to provide solutions to complex problems that require in-depth analysis in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills necessary to communicate comprehensive knowledge effectively across multi-disciplinary teams and effectively collaborate and lead in a team environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with C++, Native Script, iOS/Android native apps, Embedded programming.
- Experience working with serial communications and real time systems.
- Demonstrated ability using independent discretion and judgment to define, develop and implement original solutions at the team, directorate or institutional level.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now