Project Management Office Undergraduate Student Intern - Summer 2024
Students | livermore, CA | 01/18/2024
Job Code: 705.1 Under Grad Student
Organization: Operations and Business Office
Position Type: Student Intern
Security Clearance: None, but work must be performed by a U.S. person (e.g., U.S. citizen or permanent resident and certain others). Also, assignments longer than 179 days require a federal background investigation.
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$22.10 - $30.00
This position is under a step structure. Please note that the step placement is determined by your most recent completed academic year.
We have openings for undergraduate level students to gain practical experience to advance their educational goals. The internship is geared to provide you with valuable employment experience while performing important real-world work assignments. You will be assigned a job mentor to shadow during your internship and will perform job tasks along with special projects within LLNL’s Project Management Office and the Operations & Business Principal Directorate.
- Work with a mentor (i.e. Lab employees, leads, etc.).
- Participate in work related to the business of the Project Management Office which may include project management, project controls, estimating, facility design engineering, construction management and quality assurance management under close supervision.
- Perform tasks in the areas of project management, engineering and/or construction management required for the creation of construction documentation for site modification projects.
- Present a poster or seminar on the assignment.
- Prepare end-of-assignment technical report.
- Meet project milestones or deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a continuing college or university student in good standing at an accredited institution pursuing an undergraduate degree in engineering or related technical field.
- Ability to apply basic principles of engineering to solve problems.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to present and communicate concepts and ideas.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with personal computers and associated word processing and spreadsheet software, e.g., Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as the ability to learn new software.
- Eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment using excellent interpersonal skills.
- Current GPA of 3.0 or greater.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2024 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Holiday Pay
- Sick leave accrual
- Individual 401(k) contributions
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
None required. However, this position involves U.S. Export Control; this work must be performed by a U.S. person (U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident, U.S. national, or U.S. protected individual (e.g., refugee, asylee)).
If your assignment is longer than 179 days cumulatively within a calendar year, you must go through the Personal Identity Verification process. This process includes completing an online background investigation form and receiving approval of the background check. (This process does not apply to foreign nationals.)
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.