Oracle HCM Technical Lead
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 01/18/2024
Job Code: SES.4 Science & Engineering MTS 4
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$191,220 - $245,544 Annually
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for an Oracle HCM Technical Lead. LLNL is modernizing its core Human Resources platform. This role will be focused on implementing Oracle HCM Cloud applications. This includes a full application migration from PeopleSoft Human Resources, along with extensive customized components and integrations with both internal and external services. This position is in the Enterprise Application Services (EAS) Division in the Computing Directorate, supporting the LivIT (CIO) Program.
A hybrid telecommuting schedule is supported. This schedule will be determined by the needs of the project. You may be asked to be onsite more frequently in some circumstances.
In this role you will
- Configure and maintain Oracle HCM Cloud applications, ensuring they align with business requirements and best practices.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of custom solutions, extensions, and integrations using Oracle HCM Cloud's tools and technologies.
- Design and implement integrations between Oracle HCM and other enterprise systems, such as PeopleSoft, Oracle EBS Finance, and third-party applications.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues, providing support to end-users and addressing system performance concerns.
- Manage user access and security controls to ensure data security and compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including system configurations, customizations, and integration specifications.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate system changes and enhancements.
- Stay updated with Oracle HCM Cloud updates and enhancements, recommending improvements, and optimizing system performance.
- Lead a team of developers and technical consultants, providing guidance, mentoring, and technical expertise.
- Manage project timelines, resource allocation, and deliverables related to Oracle HCM implementations and upgrades.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Applied expertise and experience with Oracle HCM Cloud, including experience with HCM modules like Core HR, Compensation, Talent Management, Benefits, Absence Management, Time & Labor, and Payroll.
- Substantial experience with full lifecycle implementations and upgrades.
- Substantial experience in programming languages such as Java, SQL, and PL/SQL.
- Substantial experience and demonstrated leadership with team management skills to oversee a technical team effectively.
- Highly advanced experience in project management, including resource planning/allocation, execution, and delivery.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities to address technical issues and challenges.
- Highly advanced experience collaborating with customers, IT managers, developers, application administrators, systems administrators, and security administrators to jointly deliver services that meet Laboratory business requirements.
- Expert level communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills necessary to effectively interact (present, explain, and advise) in a technical team environment with stakeholders, end-users, team members, and senior management.
- Advanced analytical skills to evaluate business requirements and design technical solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in technology and evolving business needs.
Qualifications We Desire:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems.
- Experience working in a compliance-driven and secure environment.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud tools like Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC), and/or Oracle Visual Builder.
- Experience with Atlassian tools suite such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with Scrum in an agile development environment.
- Oracle certifications related to HCM Cloud implementation and/or development.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2024 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now