Finance & Accounting | livermore, CA | 01/17/2024
Job Code: C01.2 Financial Analyst 2
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$89,670 - $111,324 Annual (C01.2)
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Financial Analyst to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will work independently following established procedures to provide support and assistance to the financial management team. Perform routine budget analysis and resource management duties and be responsible for an annual budget of up to $20M. Will collect and disseminate information and identify and resolve issues. This position is in the Strategic Deterrence/Weapon, Physics & Design Division of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Organization.
In this role you will
- Participate in the development and analysis of financial and workforce operating plans and review with management. Provide technical direction around the completion of short-term work goals.
- Gather, track, monitor, research and analyze information on funding, costing, and workforce issues; research variances to plans and allocations; implement corrective actions.
- Formulate work proposals for DOE/NNSA direct, Work-for-Others (WFO), and indirect funding sources.
- Interpret and apply Laboratory, LLNS and DOE/NNSA policies, procedures and processes to ensure work is in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide input and perform self-assessments on financial audits.
- Represent the organization with internal groups and participate in groups or on committees.
- Foster effective relationships with customers, colleagues, and sponsors, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting field.
- Experience applying analytical skills to research, interpret, analyze, compile, and present financial data and information. Experience developing and maintaining spreadsheets and maintaining financial databases including experience utilizing commercial and/or institutional financial tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of an experience performing financial functions including: interpreting and applying financial policies and procedures, financial accounting, including the use of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and providing input to self-assessments.
- Ability to interpret and apply financial policies and procedures, make decisions and resolve routine problems using standard policies and procedures.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal and experience with decision making, problem solving and analytical skills to resolve issues requiring judgment, discretion and tact.
- Ability to develop and maintain excel spreadsheets and system generated reports.
- Experience working independently with general direction and demonstrated ability to establish own work priorities and to execute assignments, meeting time-sensitive deadlines and working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2024 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now