HR Business Systems Analyst
Human Resources | livermore, CA | 11/20/2023
Job Code: E01.3 Business Analyst 3 / E01.4 Business Analyst 4
Organization: Human Resource Management
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE L clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
- $104,370 - $129,588 Annual (E01.3)
- $125,160 - $155,400 Annual (E01.4)
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We’re looking for a Business Systems Analyst to lead and develop HR process and product improvement strategies. You will be matrixed to support functional customers and systems in the area of core HR. You will be responsible for partnering with functional area subject matter experts, learning their business processes, identifying strategies for improvement, and developing and executing implementation plans.
Our HCM applications span Talent Acquisition, Workforce Management, Benefits, Compensation, Workforce Analytics, and HR Service Delivery functions and are supported using Peoplesoft 9.2, SmartRecruiters, MicroStrategy, Service Now, and custom angular play applications. You will report to the HR Operations Service Center.
Telecommuting options are available for this position.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Partner with functional experts to understand and analyze current business processes and workflows, develop alternative approaches and facilitate implementation of new or enhanced business and technical solutions.
- Be responsible for end-to-end process maps and create or enhance existing process documentation and mapping.
- Identify and evaluate standards to improve process efficiency and work to build fully functional and controlled business processes.
- Perform complex analysis to assess and identify opportunities to improve functional process or system performance. Develop and implement strategies for addressing process gaps.
- Serve as the Product Owner for assigned application to provide in-depth consultation, partnering with functional experts and IT to set a vision that informs technology roadmap prioritization and backlog.
- Present solutions to senior business stakeholders and technical staff that identify requirements and industry best-practice solutions to enhance the efficiency and integrity of Human Resources systems. Create fit/gap analysis presentations that help facilitate HR product decisions.
- Perform initial analysis of requests to change, add or enhance existing processes or system functionality, engaging a variety of functional and IT stakeholders as appropriate. Analyze the impacts of change requests, effort needed to implement, document the requirements and disposition as a bug fix, enhancement or project with a recommended priority level.
- Train and mentor others in the development of self-service products and training materials. Conduct training and end-user engagement sessions designed to improve system adoption.
- Write test plans and conduct test cases for system implementations, upgrades, or enhancements.
- Lead cross-functional process improvement project teams, gather and translate complex user requirements, deliver process streamlining methodologies, make recommendations for new system strategies, and communicate solutions to stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the E01.4 level
- Plan, conduct and direct the analysis of current business processes that require an in-depth understanding of the end-to-end process without appreciable direction. Develop and implement strategies for process improvement initiatives across the organization.
- Create comprehensive statistical models on goals and metrics involved in a functional business process.
- Prepare project plans including task estimation and facilitate interaction with internal resources to complete project activities.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE L-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Communications or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience analyzing current business processes and systems for efficiencies, cost reductions and streamlining of operations.
- Experience developing business process documentation, procedure documents and user guides.
- Experience creating training materials and delivering end user training for system enhancements or new implementations.
- Experience writing requirements, test plans and conducting test cases for system implementations, upgrades, or enhancements.
- Experience performing data analysis and developing metrics to assess functional performance.
- Advanced communication skills necessary to interact effectively with multi-disciplinary team members and negotiation skills to influence outcomes.
- Experience working effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
Additional qualifications at the E01.4 level
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience in end-to-end process design and improvement.
- Experience developing research plans for data gathering and analysis. Experience developing integrated business analyses and projections.
- Experience managing multiple integrated projects and leading business transformation activities using project management methodologies.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of human resource business principles, regulatory requirements, process efficiency concepts, industry best practices, and standards implementation.
- Cross functional human resources work experience, preferably in Core HR functional areas.
- Functional knowledge of Human Capital Management systems and technology, preferably PeopleSoft 9.2, Learning Management Systems or ServiceNow. Experience with cloud based Human Capital Management systems.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Application Tools and with Oracle database language and development tools including SQL and TOAD.
- Experience supporting ERP transformation and business process re-engineering.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies for software development and project management.
- Significant project management experience preparing project plans including task estimation, dependencies, and deployment schedules including interacting with internal resources to complete required project activities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. L-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.