Business Operations | livermore, CA | 11/17/2023
Job Code: A07.2 Service Operations Spec 2
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Flexible Term
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$85,800 - $106,536
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Document Administrator. You will be responsible for the administration of Document Control Systems, coordination of the document lifecycle management process, and support the implementation of institutional document control procedures. You will monitor adherence to record retention policies, safeguard information, and ensure effective retrieval of data. This position is in the Environment, Safety and Health Directorate.
- Apply related skills, policies, and procedures to develop and implement department document control strategies to solve multi-faceted problems, implement new techniques and procedures, and formulate recommendations.
- Perform editing and writing services for department policies, procedures, webpages, and other publications which are frequently difficult and complex in nature, and, for which independent judgment is often required. Ensure clarity of content, consistency of format and accuracy of grammar.
- Manage system access, consult, and provide training to end users, promote effective utilization, and maintain and oversee filing of electronic documents.
- Manage document creation and revision lifecycle, including tracking and initiating periodic reviews, executing revisions, and publishing of documents.
- Compile and analyze departmental metrics related to document control.
- Coordinate cross-functionally in support of the document management lifecycle, document archival process, and implementation of institutional records procedures.
- Collaborate and interact with all levels of department personnel to assess, develop, promote, and maintain electronic document retention processes.
- Manage and implement Document Control Procedures and support process creation and improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum 5 years Document Control or similar role in operations environment.
- Effective critical thinking and decision-making skills to proactively analyze and resolve complex issues in a diplomatic, flexible, and constructive manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft cloud-based software (SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive), Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and one or more Electronic Document Management Systems, and/or in the use of related computer applications.
- Effective written and oral communication skills necessary to interact with management, peers, customers, colleagues, and generate reporting documents.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact in a team environment and work independently as well as collaboratively toward common goals and objectives.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience in content management (e.g., SharePoint) site administration, including site design, coauthoring, configuration, permissions, and navigation setup.
- Experience in establishing and optimizing change management processes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Flexible Term appointment, which is for a definite period not to exceed six years. If final candidate is a Career Indefinite employee, Career Indefinite status may be maintained (should funding allow).
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.