Procurement Systems Business Manager
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 11/16/2023
Job Code: E01.5 Business Analyst 5
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
A hybrid telecommuting schedule is available for this position and subject to change.
$150,240 - $186,528 Annually
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Procurement Systems Business Manager. In this role you will serve as the business functional manager, partnering with the software development team to deliver a world class procurement system. You will be leading the team supporting the functionality and data for the custom electronic procurement system (LINCS) as well as any other IT applications that support the procurement system in the Supply Chain Management (SCM) Department, as well as leading efforts to define requirements for the next generation of an electronic procurement system. This includes overseeing integration with other IT systems across institution, to include Finance, Property Tracking, ChemTrack, to name a few. You will oversee the execution of work to ensure technical review actions are tracked, internal and external deliverables are managed and completed on time, documentation is properly archived, and communication systems are in place and working properly. This position is in the Operations, Policy, and Oversight Division within SCM.
- Act as a key strategic decision maker, generating innovative solutions in response to new government requirements, institutional requirements, and key stakeholder streamlining initiatives.
- Be responsible for primary ownership of the Procurement Systems Roadmap. Collaborate with the software development team on the development of priorities and projects.
- Lead, manage and oversee the development of project documentation, quality requirements, and system test strategies to ensure execution of key deliverables that impact the procurement system.
- Coordinate resources and monitor team tasks to include internal and external deliverables and ensure responsible parties are completing activities on time to support closure.
- Communicate effectively between leadership and the functional teams. Provide consultative support to the SCM leadership team to monitor deliverables and track action items.
- Lead and assist your team of 3 business analysts in the development of programmatic documents such as reports, decision memos, external responses, and action items.
- Serves as a project leader on significant and frequently highly visible, business, operational and/or organizational programs and projects, with a heavy emphasis on delivery of projects and reports.
- Responsible for performance management which includes performance appraisals, ranking, coaching, counseling, and assistance in career development.
- Research and prepare documentation for user guides and training manuals. Oversee the development of system training for a wide variety of users institutionally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology area, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive experience in the development and drafting of requirement documents for software development projects.
- Broad and extensive expertise in project management and applying related practices, standards, and processes.
- Advanced experience effectively applying good judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills to identify solutions, delegate tasks, and resolve issues across all levels.
- Experience leading, managing or supervising a multidisciplinary team in a business support environment, on institutional and diverse projects, collaborating with others, and recommending process improvements.
- Effective interpersonal skills to effectively explain, negotiate, persuade, and build consensus among diverse stakeholders.
- Expert communication and significant organizational skills to communicate clear expectations both written and verbal on project and process activities, as well as lead the facilitation of business process improvements.
- Familiarity with electronic purchasing system and/or Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Advanced experience using MS Office business applications and web-based collaborative platforms, such as WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, and/or Visio.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiarity with JIRA and ServiceNow platforms.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.