National Security Engineering Division - Division Administrative Specialist
Administrative | livermore, CA | 11/16/2023
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$34.63 - $42.05 Hourly
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV to support a Division Leader, Deputy Division Leader, Associate Division Leader, and Division Administrator in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) Office. You will be an essential member of the Division Office administrative team where you will perform a full range of complex and challenging administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities that require teamwork, independent judgment, initiative, and follow-through. This position is in the NSED Division Office within the Engineering Directorate.
In this role, you will
- Provide advanced administrative support to Division Leader, Deputy Division Leader, and Associate Division Leader, and Division Administrator.
- Represent management in daily matters to take initiative, gather, clarify, and disseminate information and coordinate activities; respond on their behalf on administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Contribute to the administrative team tasks and activities to meet goals and respond to managements requests; serve as a primary personnel action (PAS) initiator for the Division.
- Compile data from multiple sources for complex reports and presentations; establish and maintain complex databases, spreadsheets, and tracking/filing systems.
- Plan and coordinate logistics, agendas and communications for complex meetings and events; coordinate external external visits and assignments often requiring special paperwork, verification of security clearances, preparation of agendas, badging, and information dissemination.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative for management signature that may be sensitive in nature.
- Assess and respond independently to inquiries, prioritize actions, follow-up and ensure resolution on a wide variety of issues.
- Interpret institutional, directorate, and division organizational policies and procedures, formulate recommendations, and establish procedures for the functional work unit.
- Manage complex and confidential calendars with authority to commit time and independently set priorities and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Prepare local, domestic, and international travel, involving complex itineraries and incorporating and rescheduling as priorities evolve and change.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Experience supporting senior leadership and successfully working within an administrative team to achieve division goals.
- Experience successfully integrating into and working within an administrative team in support of division management and overarching goals.
- Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment with rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Experience researching, interpreting, formulating recommendations, and applying related policies and procedures and demonstrated ability to be proactive to meet programmatic needs and requirements while tracking, compiling, and monitoring data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced administrative knowledge and experience to include writing skills, attention to detail to draft and proof correspondence and professional presentations, accurate editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, database, and calendaring software.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and foreign travel.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with the following LLNL systems: TIME, LEAP, LAPIS, LHIRE, LTRAIN, Cliqbook, ePay, eCaps, and Entrust.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LLNL policies and procedures.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.