Planner/Coordinator for Machine Tool Services
Engineering | livermore, CA | 11/15/2023
Job Code: 983.3 Machine Repairer III
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$46.90 - $58.24 Hourly
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an immediate opening for a Planner/Coordinator in the Machine Tool Services (MTS) group. Under minimal supervision, you will apply planning and coordination principles involving the installation and maintenance of existing and new manufacturing technologies. Along with performing ongoing technical work, you will be assigned as an Alternate RI for the groups WCD, being responsible for direct oversight of all safety, work control and security related issues within the shop. You will serve as the primary customer contact within MTS, maintaining close interactions with local program contacts. You will be responsible for tracking machine tool deliveries, coordinating efforts with MTS mechanical & electrical planners, PMO engineers, F&I Riggers and responsible vendors and giving updates to the Central Planning Office (CPO) and to the Machine Tool Services supervisor. This position is in the Materials Engineering Division (MED).
- Develop and implement planning schedules and tools to ensure successful day to day execution of workflow.
- Monitor workload by tracking progress and providing regular updates to supervisor and other stakeholders regarding milestones, plans and problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules.
- Provide technical direction to cross-disciplinary teams as well as external vendors.
- Prepare supporting health and safety documentation that is aligned with the Integrated Safety Management (ISM) requirements and participate in design and Management Prestart Reviews.
- Produce work requests and track progress within the manufacturing section for hardware needed for the installation of equipment.
- Represent the manufacturing team on technical and administrative reviews which may include the installation, maintenance, relocation and purchase of machine tools or other laboratory equipment.
- Collaborate with customers, engineering, and fabrication personnel to determine specific job requirements to recommend processes efficiencies and identify hazards or limitations.
- Order required materials and tooling through LLNL or off-site sources which includes seismic anchoring hardware and supplies.
- Maintain close interaction with MED supervision regarding workflow, customer relations, job progress, and facility or equipment issues.
- Work with the LLNL Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) program and develop LOTO plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which required U.S. Citizenship.
- Associates degree in mechanical, industrial, manufacturing technology or equivalent; with advance journey level experience or the equivalent combination of education and prior relevant experience.
- Strong customer and personnel interaction/communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel/Word skills, as well a strong organizational skills with the ability to handle competing priorities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a team environment and in close cooperation with MED team members, engineering, and facility support personnel.
- Basic machine tool knowledge.
- General knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 drafting standards (read and interpret blueprints) to produce parts and assemblies.
- Ability to identify, analyze and provide solutions or alternate approaches to manufacturing problems using individual judgment and creativity.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with creating work orders in the COSMOS job entry system.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully provide planning, estimating, scheduling and assignment of work.
- Experience consistently making independent decisions regarding variable technical and administrative problems.
- Basic CAD skills, Mastercam preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.