Immunoengineering - Postdoctoral Researcher
Engineering | livermore, CA | 11/14/2023
Job Code: PDS.1 Post-Dr Research Staff 1
Position Type: Post Doctoral
Security Clearance: None/Position does not require US citizenship (assignments longer than 179 days require a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$108,600 – $126,720 Annually
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We are searching for a motivated Postdoctoral Researcher specializing in studying protein delivery for immune cell culture and engineered systems. In this position you will contribute to the development of techniques and models to assess immune function in the context of health and disease. This position is in the Bioengineering and Advanced Fabrication group within the Materials Engineering Division (MED), within the Engineering Directorate.
- Pursue research interests and interact with a broad spectrum of scientists and engineers internally and externally to the Laboratory.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals.
- Organize, analyze, and present data from research at seminars, technical meetings, and conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Immunoengineering, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials science, Chemistry or similar.
- Experience with cell culture and cell analysis such as FACS, microscopy, or other cell biology techniques.
- Some experience with molecular biology techniques.
- Ability to complete independent research projects, as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to present technical information.
- Experience working in a highly interdisciplinary team environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with biophysics, molecular dynamics.
- Experience with systems to model or modulate the immune system.
- Experience with biochemistry, antibody development, protein production or purification.
- Experience with nanoparticle characterization, or drug carrier development.
- Experience with culture and manipulation of human or mouse immune cells.
- Experience with animal handling and manipulation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of extension to a maximum of three years, open to those who have been awarded a PhD at time of hire date.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
None required. However, if your assignment is longer than 179 days cumulatively within a calendar year, you must go through the Personal Identity Verification process. This process includes completing an online background investigation form and receiving approval of the background check. (This process does not apply to foreign nationals.)
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.