Finance & Accounting | livermore, CA | 11/08/2023
Job Code: C02.1 Accountant 1
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$72,480 - $89,976 Annual (C02.1)
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Payroll Accountant to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will work independently and under general direction following established procedures to provide support and assistance to the Payroll team. Perform routing preparation, analysis, maintenance and review of payroll accounting information. This position is in the Payroll & Benefits Accounting Division of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Organization.
In this role you will
- Process Short-term Disability, Paid Family Leave, Workers Compensation and Catastrophic Leaves. Includes processing of Employee Development Department Forms for State Disability, Hartford Forms for Supplemental Disability Insurance and Workers Compensation Verification of income forms. Assist with processing Leave of Absence Benefit Payments.
- Perform Payroll processing tasks through the People Soft 9.2 system or a similar payroll software.
- Interpret and apply exceptional procedures within the Payroll system and provide guidance regarding payroll accounting policies and procedures and problem resolution assistance to LLNL organizations.
- Perform balance sheet account analyses and reconciliation, analysis and verification of financial reports and schedules.
- Perform tasks associated with internal and external audits for Payroll, including the performance of moderately complex risk analysis, data analytics, research, and implementation of corrective actions related to operational issues and provide input and perform self-assessments.
- Interpret and apply Laboratory, LLNS and DOE/NNSA policies, procedures and State and Federal laws to ensure work follows regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting field.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to research, interpret, perform elementary analysis, compile, and present financial data and information.
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of financial systems (e.g., PeopleSoft & Oracle).
- Ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets, reports utilizing MS Office Suite applications, and financial databases.
- Ability to interpret and apply financial policies and procedures, make decisions and resolve routine problems using standard policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial accounting principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Demonstrate communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to establish own work priorities and to execute assignments, meeting time-sensitive deadlines and working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now