Travel & Accounts Payable Accountant
Finance & Accounting | livermore, CA | 11/08/2023
Job Code: C02.1 Accountant 1
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$72,480 - $89,976 Annual (C02.1)
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Travel and Accounts Payable Accountant to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will work independently and under general direction following established procedures to provide support and assistance to the Travel Accounting and Accounts Payable team. Perform disbursement overview and develop and implement new techniques and procedures. This position is in the Disbursement Accounting & Services/Accounts Payable & Travel Division of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Organization.
In this role you will
- Process detailed domestic and foreign travel expense reports while confirming policy was followed and all expenses are allowable prior to reimbursement. Interpret and apply exceptional and complex procedures within the disbursement systems and provide guidance regarding travel accounting policies and procedures and problem resolution assistance to LLNL organizations.
- Perform advanced accounts payable vendor invoice processing through the Oracle Payable system. Independently research and reconcile payment issues with contract balances and review and process credit memos, de-obligating liens, cancel checks and invoices and work reports to ensure timely payment and processing of wire requests.
- Scan and index documents using AnyDoc for all vendor invoices and records retention and research rejected Automated Clearing House (ACH) bank payments and resolutions.
- Independently respond to Travel Accounting and Accounts Payable Customer Service calls and assist Resource Analysts and other LLNL customers in resolving travel and vendor payment inquiries.
- Reconcile Travel and Accounts Payable balance sheet accounts for management approval, including preparation of journal vouchers and project cost transfers.
- Perform tasks associated with internal and external audits for Travel Accounting and Accounts Payable, including the performance of moderately complex risk analysis, data analytics, research, and implementation of corrective actions related to operational issues and provide input and perform self-assessments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting field.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of accounting theory, policies, procedures, and regulations, as well as knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience using Oracle or other financial applications and advanced knowledge and experience with computer-based spreadsheets, report generated applications and communication tools (e.g., Microsoft Suite, Outlook, ServiceNow).
- Demonstrated advanced organizational skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions, while providing a high level of customer service and demonstrated advanced problem solving and decision-making skills necessary to independently solve problems of broad scope and complexity.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to research, interpret, perform elementary analysis, compile, and present financial data and information.
- Ability to establish own work priorities and to execute assignments, meeting time-sensitive deadlines and working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience interpreting and applying financial policy and procedures, including State and Federal policies, procedures and regulations and experience in applying and ensuring internal controls are followed.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work with all levels of personnel, both internal and external to the Laboratory including experience providing a high level of customer service while maintaining effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, external vendors, and Laboratory service units.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now