Financial Analyst (Mid/Senior)
Finance & Accounting | livermore, CA | 11/08/2023
Job Code: C01.3 Financial Analyst 3
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE L clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$104,370 - $129,588 Annual
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a mid to senior career level Financial Analyst to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will independently perform budgetary analyses and resource management duties, provide advice on complex financial and business issues and have responsibility for direct and indirect budgets. This position is in the Budget/Physical & Life Sciences (PLS) Division of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Organization.
In this role you will
- Independently develop and analyze complex financial workforce/operating plans and provide recommendations for review by management.
- Gather and analyze diverse and complex information on funding, costing, and workforce issues; research variances to plans and allocations; implement corrective actions as appropriate and perform complex research and analysis.
- Formulate and communicate decisions within scope of designated authority and provide financial and business process consultation and improvement expertise.
- Perform self-assessments and represent the organization in financial audits.
- Develop key institutional metrics, business indicators and other financial data and partner with appropriate analysts to ensure proper alignment to the Institutional Work Breakdown Structure.
- Formulate draft policies, procedures and processes with organizational and institutional impact in response to DOE/NNSA/LLNS and other federal financial laws, orders, and guidelines, serving as a subject matter expert with regard to the interpretation and application of financial standards, policies, and procedures.
- Represent department and/or directorate on working groups/committees and lead key efforts/projects to develop unique solutions to complex problems.
- Foster effective relationships with customers, colleagues, and programmatic and financial managers throughout the Laboratory, LLNS, NNSA, LFO and DOE Headquarters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting field.
- Significant experience applying analytical skills to research, interpret, analyze, compile, and present financial data and information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience performing financial functions, including the use of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience performing self-assessments and representing the organization in audits.
- Significant experience and demonstrated advanced skills in the development and maintenance of financial databases and spreadsheets containing advanced functions including commercial and/or institutional financial tools.
- Demonstrated complete knowledge and significant experience performing and directing financial findings, working with diverse funding sources including direct and indirect.
- Significant experience with decision making, problem-solving and analytical skills to independently solve complex issues requiring mature judgment, discretion and tact and experience negotiating desirable outcomes. Experience leading others successfully.
- Experience in effective communication skills, both written and verbal to deliver financial briefings, documentation, reports and financial advice to senior Laboratory personnel and other external organizations and agencies.
- Expertise using interpersonal skills to effectively explain, negotiate, persuade and build consensus among diverse stakeholders; demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. L-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now