Business Analyst Team Lead, Payroll
Finance & Accounting | livermore, CA | 11/08/2023
Job Code: E01.4 Business Analyst 4
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$125,160 - $155,400 Annual
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Team Lead Business Analyst. In this role you will lead and supervise the team supporting the payroll processes in the Office of the CFO and the team supporting our Payroll and Benefits Accounting. You will be leading the teams supporting the functionality and data for payroll, time and labor, and benefits accounting. This includes operating with other downstream systems in executing the work to ensure technical review actions are tracked, internal and external deliverables are managed and completed on time, ensuring documentation is properly archived, and ensuring communication systems are in place and working properly. This position is in the Office of the CFO/Finance Department/Accounting & Disbursement Services team.
In this role you will
- Responsible for performance management which includes performance appraisals, ranking, coaching, counseling, and assistance in career development.
- Coordinate efforts and team oversight for the system process improvements and help to ensure all action items are added, tracked, and reported out on a regular basis.
- Lead the team in gathering performance data, assist in analysis, and make recommendations that may include schedule variance analysis and preparation of recovery or corrective action plans.
- Lead the team in gathering project documentation and quality requirements, conducting assessments of current processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Monitor team tasks to include internal and external deliverables and ensure responsible parties are completing activities on time to support closure.
- Provide oversight to the team in defining, automating, and improving new, unusual, and existing business processes and workflows.
- Communicate effectively between leadership and the functional teams. Provide consultative support to Disbursement leadership team to monitor deliverables and tracked action items.
- Lead and assist your team in the development of programmatic documents such as reports, decision memos, external responses, and action items.
- Research and prepare documentation for user guides, training manuals, and process checklists for disbursement systems.
- Provide oversight and leadership in developing system test strategies and plans, perform system testing and create and execute automated test scripts in support of Disbursement application maintenance tasks and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Technology area, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive experience leading, managing, or supervising a diverse group of professionals and non-exempt staff.
- Extensive experience in project management and applying related practices, standards, and processes.
- Extensive experience in gathering business and system requirements.
- Extensive experience in coordinating workflow activities in a dynamic work environment and ability to meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team in a business support environment, collaborating with others, and recommending process improvements using interpersonal skills to effectively explain, negotiate, persuade, and build consensus among diverse stakeholders.
- Extensive communication and organizational skills both written and verbal, customer support, task prioritization, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through while meeting critical time-urgent deadlines.
- Extensive experience applying good judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills to identify solutions and resolve issues.
- Extensive experience, knowledge and understanding of financial accounting to apply to systematic solutions.
- Extensive experience using Payroll and Time and Labor systems. Extensive experience in MS Office business applications and web-based collaborative platforms, such as Word, Excel, Visio, ServiceNow, Jira. Experience using Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Teams.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working in the Office of the CFO and with LLNL’s operations and business processes.
- Advanced knowledge of Peoplesoft or Oracle HCM, Oracle Financials and EBS systems for various functionality, and advanced experience with payroll and time and labor.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now