Deployed Team Lead
Craft and Skilled Trades | livermore, CA | 11/06/2023
Job Code: 369.1 Maintenance/Construction Coord / 369.2 Senior Maint/Construction Coor
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$109,350 - $135,756 Annually for the 369.1 level
$132,360 - $164,328 Annually for the 369.2 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Deployed Team Lead to support the Engineering Directorate. You will provide advanced dministrative and technical direction and oversight to personnel responsible for the installation and maintenance of mission critical facilities and equipment. You will interact with senior managers and customer representatives to ensure a thorough understanding of mission needs, program requirements and facility operations. This position is in the Infrastructure Maintenance and Utilities Department within the Infrastructure and Operations Directorate.
- Provide advanced technical and administrative direction and oversight to line supervisors and a large workforce of craft and service personnel engaged in the execution of preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and light construction work.
- Develop, implement, and monitor contracts for maintenance and services.
- Work with the customer and facility manager to identify maintenance needs and assist with assessing risk, determining prioritization, evaluating alternatives, and resolving complex to highly complex problems and issues.
- Oversee work activities ensuring they are appropriately scoped, planned, scheduled, and executed in a safe and cost-effective manner adhering to local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Collaborate with the Facility Management Division to schedule work and communicate progress toward job completion. Ensure customer requirements for facility access and operations are incorporated into the work planning and execution process.
- Perform full range of personnel related duties including recruiting, selecting, training, writing performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, ranking and reclassifications.
- Assist in the development, management, and oversight of budgets for job costs, training, shops supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 369.2 Level
- Provide highly advanced technical and administrative direction and oversight to line supervisors and a large workforce of craft and service personnel engaged in the execution of preventive maintenance, construction maintenance, and light construction work.
- Responsible for managing maintenance projects or program budgets and reporting progress to senior management on issues relating to budgets and strategic planning.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and significant related experience.
- Technical and administrative experience including leading and coaching a large, diverse, technical craft and service workforce.
- Advanced technical skills and knowledge in areas such as mechanical, structural, and electrical, including building modifications, alterations, and maintenance.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex to highly complex problems and issues.
- Proven ability to foster and promote a safe and healthy work environment ensuring that issues are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner adhering to all local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable codes and regulations as it pertains to facility and utility modification, alterations, and maintenance work.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management including group leaders, project engineers, and scientific personnel to determine the type and level of support needed.
- Proficient and effective personal computer skills using software such as Microsoft Office, e-mail, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and timekeeping systems.
Additional qualifications at the 369.2 Level
- Highly advanced technical skills and knowledge in areas such as mechanical, structural, and electrical, including building modifications, alterations, and maintenance.
- Supervisory experience for technical and craft people including recruiting, training, disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, wage, and promotion recommendations. Experience planning/forecasting short- and long-term personnel needs for a technical craft and service type workforce.
- Experience developing budget proposals or budget requests for maintenance projects.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.