Maintenance/Construction Engineering (Davis-Bacon) Coordinator
Craft and Skilled Trades | livermore, CA | 11/06/2023
Job Code: 369.2 Senior Maint/Construction Coor
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$132,360 - $164,328 Annually
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We’re looking for a Maintenance/Construction Engineering (Davis-Bacon) Coordinator. You will be responsible for managing the implementation of the Davis-Bacon Act, which may include establishing work procedures and directing other technical personnel who accomplish or support Davis-Bacon work activities. This position is within the Infrastructure Engineering & Operations Department and will require work at Site 300 in Tracy, California.
- Provide highly advanced technical and administrative oversight and coordination of Davis-Bacon work activities including the development of work procedures for Davis-Bacon Act applicability.
- Review and analyze highly complex technical problems, implement solutions, and prepare presentations and reports for management internal and external to LLNL.
- Collaborate with high-level technical personnel across the Laboratory to provide management support in verifying and concurring with Davis-Bacon Act work activity evaluations and field work activities, including field verification for quality assurance and integrity of program.
- Implement, improve, and monitor Davis-Bacon Act policies and practices, ensuring compliance with requirements for Laboratory-covered positions, prevailing wage rates, fringe benefits, documentation and records retention, etc., and understanding implications of non-compliance.
- Implement, conduct, and ensure Davis-Bacon Act training, mentoring, interpretation, and guidance is provided to managers, work planners and supervisors, in conjunction with internal or external subject-matter experts.
- Conduct job walk-downs, review work order documentation, and provide technical oversite and verification of multi-craft/trade work activities to ensure adherence of Davis-Bacon Act requirements, policies, and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology, technical management, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and extensive related experience.
- Highly advanced knowledge and experience evaluating scopes of work to determine applicability of the Davis-Bacon Act requirements; applying safety and security policies/procedures/regulations; reviewing and monitoring Davis-Bacon work activities and technical objectives; analyzing and interpreting complex technical performance/regulatory compliance requirements.
- Significant experience identifying and analyzing complex problems, collaborating with impacted partners, developing solutions, and coordinating necessary activities.
- Highly advanced knowledge of skilled trades/crafts and supervision concepts and practices.
- Highly advanced knowledge of the latest types of maintenance/construction technologies, equipment, and materials used for maintenance and replacement of conventional facility systems.
- Highly advanced customer service and interpersonal skills using tact and diplomacy including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of scientific, technical and administrative personnel, as well as outside regulators.
- Familiarity with reviewing, interpreting, implementing, and explaining Davis-Bacon Act wage determinations.
Qualifications We Desire
- Extensive experience managing, planning, coordinating, and scheduling complex, multi-craft projects using in-house crafts.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.