Deputy Division Leader, HR Center of Excellence
Human Resources | livermore, CA | 10/20/2023
Job Code: H19.5 Human Resources Specialist 5
Organization: Human Resource Management
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$150,240 - $186,528 Annual (H19.5)
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
Hybrid telecommuting options may be available.
We have an opening for a Deputy Division Leader (DDL) in the Human Resources Center of Excellence division. In this role you will provide strategic leadership and provide a full range of consultative and collaborative total rewards strategies. You will assess and anticipate division-related needs and seek to develop integrated solutions in collaboration with HR and the organization. You will use your expert knowledge in total rewards and human resource programs to interact with all levels of management and employees. This position is in the Human Resources Directorate Office.
In this role you will
- Assist with the day-to-day management of special projects, HR initiatives, and the operations of the Center of Excellence Division.
- Contribute to the development of a total rewards strategy and may act as backup to Division Leader.
- Lead, plan, manage and oversee the development and implementation of new programs or multi-disciplinary project teams formed to resolve complex issues. Projects include extremely complex problem resolution with independent judgment requiring a high degree of initiative.
- Provide strategic counsel to the division’s planning process, contributing to goals and objectives setting, including the development of communication strategies for division programs and services.
- Provide input and oversight to the division budget in collaboration with the directorate resource analyst and determine appropriate staffing levels to meet deliverables.
- Represent the division and/or the Laboratory on Laboratory-wide initiatives, forums, councils, and/or with outside review committees or agencies (external sponsors, site office and DOE HDQ) in functional areas.
- Work collaboratively with representatives across LLNL, leading cross-functional teams to develop and implement comprehensive programs designed to recruit and retain talent.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Broad and extensive specialized and operational knowledge and experience Total Rewards programs and industry practices.
- Experience collaborating on senior management teams, leading integrated projects and utilizing project management and process improvement principles.
- Experience developing and presenting high level total rewards proposals to all levels of management with potential institutional impact.
- Demonstrated ability to plan the integration and implementation of new programs and operational best practices.
- Ability to effectively balance technical and budgetary priorities to achieve desired results.
- Strong strategic thinking and project coordination skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives.
- Strong leadership experience including a drive to foster a culture of professional excellence, inclusiveness, and growth.
- Advanced problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills necessary to independently advise, recommend, and resolve complex problems with potential Lab-wide impact.
- Expert communication, facilitation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels at LLNL.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written and strong independent judgment and initiative.
Qualifications We Desire
- Master’s degree in Human Resources.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of and experience interpreting related LLNL, DOE, and NNSA policies, procedures and operating practice and Contract 44 requirements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now