Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 10/20/2023
Job Code: 538.2 Technical Coordinator
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$36.50 - $45.32 Hourly at the 538.2 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We're looking for a Property/Procurement Specialist to perform a combination of specialized, complex administrative and task-oriented duties related to the procuring of materials and services, identifying, and enforcing controls regarding the acquisition requirements working closely with procurement representatives. You will be a primary Property representative responsible for multiple property centers. This position is in the Information Technology Operations (ITO) Division supporting the Livermore Information Technology (LivIT) Program within the Computing Directorate.
- Provide Technical Release Representative (TRR) services requiring in-depth knowledge of purchasing requirements and regulations, including participating in procurement audits and reviews. Procure and coordinate shipping, receiving, expediting, and tracking of IT equipment and materials support to various customers.
- Collaborate with technical personnel to develop and implement standards and specifications. Communicate with a variety of commercial manufacturing companies, suppliers, and technical Laboratory personnel in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Utilize ServiceNow workflows, dashboards, and record management for daily responsibilities.
- Provide Primary Property and Inventory Management for LivIT Wireless, Field support, Telecommuting kits, and onboarding property centers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related training.
- Experience procuring materials and/or services; or coordinating with buyers and end users regarding pricing, scheduling, and product specifications, as well as preparing, processing, tracking, and verifying procurement related documents, forms, and requests.
- Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment with rapidly changing deadlines, instructions, priorities, and frequent interruptions.
- Proven administrative and organizational skills including coordinating multiple activities, and to independently determine and set priorities and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, complex tasks with changing priorities.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Possess effective written, verbal communication skills necessary to interact tactfully and effectively with a diverse group of personalities and disciplines.
Qualifications We Desire
- Ability to acquire and maintain Technical Release Representative (TRR) certification.
- Experience with ServiceNow, the Microsoft Office Software Suite, and Property Management tools.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.