Financial Analyst 4 (Senior)
Finance & Accounting | livermore, CA | 10/19/2023
Job Code: C01.4 Financial Analyst 4
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$125,160 - $155,400 (C01.4) Annual
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Senior level Financial Analyst. You will be responsible for directing the organization’s efforts in the development of highly complex budgetary submissions and financial plans. You will independently perform budgetary analyses and resource management duties, provide advice on complex financial and business issues and have responsibility for direct and indirect budgets. You will have supervision responsibilities. This position is in the Engineering Division of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Organization.
In this role you will:
- Direct the organization's efforts in the development of highly complex budgetary submissions and financial plans.
- Gather and analyze diverse and highly complex information on funding, costing and workforce issues; review work proposals and research variances to plans and allocations; implement corrective actions as appropriate.
- Serve as a point-of-contact performing self-assessments and preparing organizational responses to findings.
- Direct and participate in highly complex analysis, modeling various scenarios to support organizational and/or institutional decision making.
- Formulate, communicate and implement decisions within scope of designated authority and provide extensive and highly complex financial and business process consultation and improvement expertise within the department and directorate.
- Design and develop operational metrics and implement policies, procedures and processes with department, directorate and institutional impact in response to Laboratory, Department of Energy (DOE)/National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)/Lawrence Livermore National Security (LLNS) and other federal financial laws, orders, and guidelines, serving as an expert with regard to the interpretation and application of financial standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provide leadership to financial staff and lead special projects requiring development of unique solutions: set direction for a work group, oversee the execution of tasks and assure appropriately completed staff work. Foster effective relationships with customers, colleagues, and programmatic and financial managers throughout the Laboratory, LLNS, NNSA, Laboratory Site Office (LSO), and Department of Energy Headquarters (DOE HQ).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field; or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting field.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of and expertise performing and directing financial functions including diverse funding sources, developing, interpreting and applying financial policies and procedures, financial accounting (including the use of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), performing self-assessments and representing the organization in audits.
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and maintenance of highly complex financial spreadsheets and databases containing advanced functions; experience in utilizing commercial and/or institutional financial tools and in the MS Office suite.
- Extensive experience applying expert analytical skills to independently research, interpret, analyze, compile, and present highly complex financial data and information.
- Extensive experience with advanced decision making, communication skills (written and verbal), problem-solving and analytical skills to independently solve highly complex issues requiring mature judgment, discretion and tact; experience negotiating desirable outcomes.
- Demonstrated expertise using interpersonal skills to effectively explain, negotiate, persuade and build consensus among diverse stakeholders; experience establishing and maintaining effective working relations with all levels of personnel.
- Experience effectively providing work direction to others and leading others to achieve a common goal or objective.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational skills to work independently and as part of a team effectively; establish priorities and execute highly complex business and financial assignments, meet critical time-urgent deadlines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now