Strategic Deterrence Administrative Specialist - Active Clearance Required
Administrative | livermore, CA | 10/17/2023
Job Code: 405.3 Administrative Specialist III / 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Strategic Deterrence
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
$30.08 - $36.51 Hourly for the 405.3 level
$34.63 - $42.05 Hourly for the 405.4 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist. You will work independently, perform a full range of moderately difficult secretarial and tasked administrative assignments in an expeditious environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities. This position will be in the Strategic Deterrence Directorate.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
- Represent management and serve as a resource in daily routine matters; serve as a resource for organizational procedures.
- Gather information from multiple sources, compile data and prepare complex reports and presentations.
- Independently compose correspondence for signature.
- Screen telephone calls, independently answer inquiries, make appropriate referrals, complete requests; process and disperse incoming mail.
- Independently schedule appointments and maintain calendars.
- Create and maintain databases, spreadsheets, and tracking/filing systems.
- Coordinate external visits, including verification of security clearances, preparation of an agenda, badging, and information distribution.
- Arrange travel and itineraries.
- Support plans to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the program.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the 405.4 level
- Compose administrative sensitive materials for signature.
- Interpret institutional and organizational procedures.
- Manage complex calendars; independently determine scheduling priorities, committing, and managing time, and coordination of multiple attendees.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Experience to include accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills, knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Proficient in organization, including detail and accuracy.
- Experience working in an environment with altering priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Proficient at communicating along with the soft skills necessary to work with a diverse workforce and represent us with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Demonstrate the capability to identify and make recommendations for administrative problems.
- Demonstrate independence and mature judgment in handling sensitive and classified business information, and personnel interactions.
- Knowledge of computer software; to include a variety of databases, calendaring, and the capability to gain knowledge of new software.
- Demonstrated ability/commitment to valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in the workplace.
Additional qualifications at the 405.4 level
- Advanced experience with proficiency in organization while in an environment of altering priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced experience compiling, tracking, monitoring, resolving, and reporting data and results.
- Exemplify a high degree of mature judgment in handling complex business sensitive and classified information, and personnel interactions.
- Exemplify advanced customer service and communication; both written and verbally, with all levels of personnel in a scientific environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now