IT Cloud Communications Project Manager
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 10/04/2023
Job Code: TSS.2 Technical Services & Ops MTS 2
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$113,730 - $146,076 Yearly at the TSS.2 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for an IT Cloud Communication Project Manager. You will be a member of the Livermore Information Technology (LivIT) Program. Partnering with the Deputy CIO for Cloud Transformation, you will be providing specialized project management support for Cloud Services. You will deliver technical analysis and support in the development and implementation of cloud-focused strategic projects, plans, communication campaigns, and training content. This position is in the Information Technology Operations Division (ITO) within the Computing Directorate matrixed to the Customer Service, Operations and Support program area in the Livermore Information Technology (LivIT) Program.
- Develop comprehensive cloud-focused, communication-specific project plans, including scope, objectives, timelines, milestones, and resource allocations.
- Develop original content, identify appropriate media platforms e.g., Websites/Portals, Training Coursework, Newsline articles, various physical media, emails and coordinate through final quality check, publishing, and distribution, cloud-related information to maximize understanding and improve adoption and assimilation of targeted key messages and objectives.
- Independently manage all aspects of communication-specific project plans to ensure successful execution of all required deliverables. Identify and address project-related issues promptly, working with the project team to find solutions to keep the project on track.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders including the Cloud Transformation Deputy CIO and Cloud Security Engineer (and teams) to identify and develop strategies and content to champion and improve cloud awareness.
- Oversee technical aspects of cloud-focused projects, including the design, implementation, and integration of communication-specific solutions. Collaborate with technical teams to address technical challenges and ensure the successful deployment of systems.
- Actively participate in organizational and industry working groups to ensure cutting edge perspective on emerging technologies, trends, and best practices in cloud technologies; continuously seek opportunities to improve related project management processes and methodologies.
- Maintain a customer-centric approach, ensuring that cloud-focused projects and communication solutions meet the needs and expectations of end-users and customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education and previous relevant experience.
- In-depth working knowledge of cloud computing platforms and services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and others.
- Experience in cloud computing industries with a strong understanding of technical concepts related to cloud communications, such as IP networking, security, and data center infrastructure.
- Broad experience and proficiency leveraging and implementing project management methodologies, including the ability to develop project plans, set milestones, allocate resources, develop and deliver various forms of business content (website, training, communications) and manage project tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey cloud-focused content, project updates, and requirements to stakeholders, management, and customers.
- A customer-centric approach to ensure that cloud communication solutions meet the needs and expectations of end-users and clients.
- Experience performing independent in-depth analysis and interpretation of complex cloud focused information to effectively translate it into customer-focused communications and that are clearly and concisely articulated to convey both substance and intent with accuracy across various types of communication platforms.
- Proven leadership abilities to lead cross-functional teams, delegate tasks, and provide guidance to project team members, stakeholders and senior level management.
Qualifications We Desire
- Has recognized cloud-centric certification/s e.g., AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
- Has recognized project management certification/s such as PMP (Project Management Professional) or PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner).
- Working proficiency with ServiceNow.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.