Operations Administrative Specialist
Administrative | livermore, CA | 09/15/2023
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$34.63 - $42.05 Hourly
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for an Operations Administrative Specialist. You will be an essential part of our Engineering Operations team. You will perform a full range of complex and difficult administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities that require independent judgment, initiative, and follow-through. This position is in the Engineering Principal Associate Director’s Office (PAD).
In this role you will
- Serve as a member of the Engineering ADO Operations team representing management in daily matters; take initiative to gather, clarify, and disseminate information and coordinate activities; respond on their behalf on administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Manage complex calendars independently determining scheduling priorities.
- Plan and/or coordinate complex meetings and events.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for complex reports and presentations; establish and maintain complex databases, spreadsheets, and tracking/filing systems.
- Create, update, and maintain records in the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose correspondence for management signature that may be sensitive in nature.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Act as administrative liaison to Service Operations and Facilities teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Advanced administrative knowledge and experience including accurate editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multi-task environment with rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business-sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiarity with LLNL’s policies and procedures.
- Understanding of construction processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of LLNL business applications and processes such as LEAP, LITE, EAM, LTRAIN, ePay, Tesa, and Cliqbook.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.