HR Training System Help Desk Specialist
Human Resources | livermore, CA | 09/14/2023
Job Code: E03.1 Appl Help Desk/Support Spec 1 / E03.2 Appl Help Desk/Support Spec 2
Organization: Human Resource Management
Position Type: Flexible Term
Security Clearance: None/Position does not require US citizenship (assignments longer than 179 days require a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$72,480 - $89,976 Annually for the E03.1 level
$86,910 - $107,916 Annually for the E03.2 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We're looking for an HR Training System Help Desk Specialist to support our learning management system - Livermore Training Records and Information Network (LTRAIN). You will provide first level customer support by solving problems and responding to help desk inquiries submitted by application users. You will also provide general support of the application, including performing system testing and delivering user training. This position is in the Human Resources Service Operations Group.
Telecommuting options are available for this position.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Respond to end user calls, emails, or trouble tickets in ServiceNow; investigate and document issues solutions. If the solution is unknown, attempt to identify the source and practical solution.
- Provide prompt technical and functional customer support to the user community of the LTRAIN application.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers, escalating concerns when necessary and following up to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Develop and maintain end-user system training and documentation.
- Train end-users on application functionality.
- Develop test plans and test scripts; conduct testing for bug fixes, improvements and other upgrades.
- Work with users and team members to analyze business processes and recommend system improvements.
- Make recommendations regarding help desk administrative policies, systems, procedures and programs.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking help desk metrics (calls/problem resolutions and enhancement requests) and gather statistical data for management reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the E03.2 level
- Provide advanced technical support to user community; analyze issues and take action to resolve.
- Plan and lead cross-functional projects and provide business analysis and consultative support for system enhancements, upgrades and implementation of new modules.
- Write and conduct test plans and cases for system implementations, upgrades, or enhancements.
- Maintain and ensure integrity of institutional data.
- Associate's degree in Human Resources or Information Technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education and related technical experience.
- Experience supporting software applications by responding to user calls, emails, or trouble tickets.
- Experience testing systems for bug fixes and enhancements with demonstrated strong knowledge and analytical skills necessary to resolve end-user technical issues.
- Experience writing end-user training documentation (e.g., reference manuals and/or presentations) and training users.
- Experience interpreting and implementing application/administrative policies and procedures and ability to understand the impact of transactions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships to provide excellent customer service and work effectively within a team.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks at the same time.
- Ability to use good judgment, tact and discretion in handling information of a sensitive and proprietary nature.
Additional qualifications at the E03.2 level
- Broad knowledge and strong enterprise business tools and technologies.
- Ability to maintain system integrity and perform quality assurance procedures.
- Experience using report generation tools to retrieve data electronically.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with Learning Management Systems.
- Experience working in a strong customer service help desk environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Flexible Term appointment, which is for a definite period not to exceed six years. If final candidate is a Career Indefinite employee, Career Indefinite status may be maintained (should funding allow).
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
None required. However, if your assignment is longer than 179 days cumulatively within a calendar year, you must go through the Personal Identity Verification process. This process includes completing an online background investigation form and receiving approval of the background check. (This process does not apply to foreign nationals.)
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.