Enterprise Risk Management Officer
Administrative | livermore, CA | 09/13/2023
Job Code: EXS.1 Executive Staff 1
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$181,380 - $231,168 Annually
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We’re looking for an Enterprise Risk Management Officer to mature and manage the Laboratory’s framework with respect to risk oversight. You will work with Lab managers, executives, engineers, scientists, and U.S. Government Department of Energy personnel. This role requires the ability to maintain performance under pressure, exhibit sound judgment and sensitivity to organizational dynamics, and to provide confident proactive senior level counsel to leadership and stakeholders. This position is within the Office of Laboratory Oversight of the Director’s Office.
Business needs require that this position have an on-site presence multiple days a week. Telecommuting options are available but may be limited.
- Champion Enterprise Risk Management at LLNL. Manage and provide leadership for the LLNL Enterprise Risk Management Program by developing and implementing clear policies and procedures to achieve Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), using independent judgment and considerable latitude to establish and accomplish goals.
- Champion projects, strategic planning, directing projects/programs, serve as the organization spokesperson on Enterprise Risk Management.
- Provide senior level advisement and counsel on the future strategic direction of LLNL Enterprise Risk Management. Exert influence in the development and implementation of objectives and long-term goals.
- Partner collaboratively with managers and subject matter experts across the Laboratory to develop their Institutional risks, and ensure they are entered into the risk register which is the primary tracking and communication tool.
- Perform duties that consist of a diverse range of highly complex problems with work scope that involves parallel tasks requiring the resolution of conflicting priorities among competing resources within the program.
- Build relationships and influence decision making with multi-level stakeholders, including the Livermore Field Office, corporate partners, senior management, and cross-functional teams.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on highly advanced concepts and large projects that involve long-range goals and objectives, strategy, and vison.
- Communicate issues and performance trends or analysis results to Laboratory leadership and stakeholders and brief senior management on overall impact and approach.
- Contribute to the development of creative solutions, principles and ideas related to the assigned work that could directly impact the organization in significant ways.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline to Risk Management, or equivalent combination of education and significant related experience.
- Highly advanced knowledge, and extensive experience working, Enterprise Risk Management, developing and implementing Risk Management frameworks and performance metrics.
- Experience influencing and negotiating with senior management on matters of significance affecting the organization. Ability to champion, lead and develop creative solutions, principles, theories and concepts.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in field and applying cutting edge principles, theories, concepts, and technologies. Experience developing innovative solutions to highly complex problems.
- Expert communication to deliver information at all levels of the organization with different types of personnel and communication styles in a tactful, professional, influencing, motivating manner while maintaining confidentiality.
- Extensive experience understanding, interpreting, and retrieving needed information from data sources, policies, procedures, laws, regulations, terminology, schedules, and personnel.
- Extensive experience in collecting and analyzing performance data, ability to review and report institutional performance against an organization’s strategy.
- Expert level application and development in providing sound strategic and technical advice to management.
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations to senior management and other leadership.
Qualifications We Desire
- M.S., M.B.A., or other advanced degree in field that relates to Risk Management.
- Experience working with the DevonWay Platform and ERM module.
- Knowledge of Federal Government Contractor Assurance systems.
- Experience with Oversight organizations.
- Expert knowledge of requirements and functions (including DOE Orders and LLNL Policies) that impact the LLNL Contractor Assurance program.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.