Global Security Administrative Specialist for Business Operations
Administrative | livermore, CA | 09/07/2023
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Global Security
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE L or Q clearance (or active Secret or Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
$34.63 - $42.05 Hourly
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We are looking for an Administrative Specialist to support the Operations Team in Global Security (GS). Under limited supervision, you will perform a wide range of advanced and complex administrative assignments, typically coordinating activities with multiple components, in a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced team environment. You will have frequent interactions with high-level personnel both internal and external to the Laboratory.
In this role, you will
- Represent management in administrative matters and serve as a daily resource; respond on their behalf to staff and management both internal and external to the Laboratory to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities.
- Manage complex calendars; independently determine scheduling priorities, committing, and managing time, and coordinating and scheduling of multiple attendees. Screen telephone calls and independently answer routine inquiries, make referrals, and follow through on requests.
- Organize and coordinate on-site and off-site meetings, and onsite visits from external contractors, including badging, passing and/or verification of security clearances, information dissemination.
- Arrange local, domestic, and foreign travel with dynamic itineraries, including group travel, submitting all travel approvals, booking transportation and lodging arrangements, and submission of expense reports.
- Coordinate, select, and compile complex data from multiple sources for both unclassified and/or classified correspondence, complex reports, and presentations.
- Serve as a resource and interpret institutional, directorate and division organizational policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain tracking spreadsheets, databases, as well as electronic record-keeping systems as required for administrative and other operational activities.
- Performs a range of responsibilities including the management, processing, protection, and control of classified materials.
- Serves as a backup for the GS Classified Administrative Assistant (CAS)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Active U.S. DOE L or Q-level security clearance (or Secret or Top Secret) at time of hire.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative experience, with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Effective organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through. Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced customer service skills and advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to LLNL, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Knowledge of security principles and regulatory requirements related to CMPC, OPSEC, and/or TSCM and the ability to understand and follow established LLNL/ DOE practices, standards, processes, and systems.
- Knowledge of sensitive and/or classified documents/media handling, storage, protection, and administrative controls.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Self-motivated and flexible in accepting and learning new assignments while exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
Qualifications We Desire
- Understanding and experience with institutional business processes and procedures for hosting in-person and virtual visits including ePay, FTS, LEAP, and Webex.
- Knowledge of LLNL business applications and processes such as ePay, LINCS, and TIME.
- Understanding of classified matter protection and control policies and procedures.
- Experience arranging domestic and/or foreign travel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) L-level or Q-level clearance or an active Secret or Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now