Procurement Policy Analyst
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 09/06/2023
Job Code: F04.4 Subcontracts Analyst 4
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Either no clearance, DOE L or Q clearance depending on assignment. Clearances require U.S. citizenship and a background investigation. Uncleared positions over 179 days may require an investigation.
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$125,160 - $155,400 Annually
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
The Supply Chain Management (SCM) Policy Group has an opening for a Procurement Policy Analyst. The Policy Group develops policies and provides oversight for over $1 billion in annual procurement spend at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL). Procurement Policy Analysts provide advice and guidance to contracting officials, research and interpret statutes, regulations, and prime contract requirements to apply to procurement policies and specific procurements. In addition, they conduct compliance reviews, develop and manage procurement document templates, and serve as subject matter experts for wide range of procurements.This position will report to the Policy Group Manager in the Operations, Policy & Oversight Division within SCM.
Telecommuting options are available for this position.
- Apply, interpret, and ensure compliance with established procurement policies and procedures. Provide advice and guidance to contracting officials on procurement policies and procedures.
- Research and interpret federal procurement statutes and regulations, and the Lab’s prime contract to develop procurement policies and procedures.
- Perform internal compliance reviews; support institutional responses to external reviews and audits by the U.S. Government (e.g. GAO audits, SBA audits, contractor purchasing system reviews (CPSRs), DCAA audits, etc.).
- Develop and manage procurement document templates including, for example: standard purchase orders, subcontracts and agreements, terms and conditions, solicitations, acquisition plans, source selection memos, and correspondence.
- Advise contracting officials when negotiating non-standard terms and conditions.
- Collaborate with other Lawrence Livermore National Security organizations, such as the Office of General Counsel, to ensure various Prime Contract, legal and/or internal requirements are appropriately and efficiently implemented in policies, procedures, and subcontract terms.
- Support training and development initiatives for the department.
- Function as a project leader and/or serve as a mentor to contracting officials in the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Review and ratify potential unauthorized procurements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Business Administration, Law, Public Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive knowledge and use of theories, practices, procurement techniques and methods described in the FAR, DEAR (including DEAR Subpart 970 - DOE Management and Operation Contracts), to include experience with awarding and administering high dollar value or complex procurement contracts as well as techniques and methods used by commercial businesses.
- Extensive experience negotiating terms and conditions with external vendors.
- Advanced writing skills in drafting contract language, procurement policies and official reports.
- Advanced oral communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a diverse team and with a broad range of stakeholders such as government contracting officials, program managers, clients, customers, and external vendors.
- Proven ability to analyze and solve complex problems, use sound judgment, and recommend appropriate actions and implement solutions.
- Experience or demonstrated ability with participating in procurement board reviews and performing internal quality reviews of procurement files.
- Experience or demonstrated ability to lead and/or mentor contracting officials on procurement regulations and policies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires either no security clearance, or a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level or Q-level clearance depending on the particular assignment.
If you are selected and a security clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. L and Q-level clearances require U.S. citizenship.
If no security clearance is required, but your assignment is longer than 179 days cumulatively within a calendar year, you must go through the Personal Identity Verification process. This process includes completing an online background investigation form and receiving approval of the background check. (This process does not apply to foreign nationals.)
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.