Injector Work Package Manager - Active Clearance Required
Engineering | livermore, CA | 09/06/2023
Job Code: SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Not applicable
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$153,210 - $196,788 Annually
We have an opening for an Injector Work Package Manager for the Advanced Sources and Detection (ASD) Scorpius Project. ASD is a multi-year, multi-lab project to design and commission the next generation of radiographic capabilities for use in ensuring the safety and effectiveness of the nation’s nuclear stockpile. You will provide technical advice and assistance for multi-year planning, implementation, and integration of scope into the ASD Scorpius schedule, risks, and cost analyses. This position is funded 50% by a small fraction of effort; additional technical work may be available to expand up to 100% support on the project based on experience and background. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate.
- Provide technical advice and assistance for multi-year planning, implementation, and integration of scope into the ASD Scorpius schedule, risks, and cost analyses.
- Lead, engage and collaborate with a diverse team of scientists, physicists, designers, engineers and technicians.
- Interact with the Cost Account Manager and Scheduler to ensure activities are performed on time and hardware delivered.
- Accountable for all technical work exceeding or meeting ASD requirements and CD4 commissioning dates and all Interface Control Documents (ICD’s) are adhered to.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physical science, or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of LLNL’s procurement processes, the Earned Value Management System (EVM) and general project control technical skills.
- Experience with particle accelerators, diodes, or other radiation generating devices.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a diverse team environment, present and explain technical information and provide advice to management.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees may be considered for this position.
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.