Sr. Technical Coordinator
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 08/30/2023
Job Code: 538.3 Sr. Technical Coord.
Position Type: Flexible Term
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$46.90 - $58.24 Hourly
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Senior Technical Coordinator. You will provide technical coordination support for multiple programs for the maintenance and service of the Lab’s motor fleet. This position supports fleet operations and supply and distribution services at Site 200, with back-up responsibility to Site 300. This position reports to the Fleet Management Operations Group of the Asset Management Department.
- Provide advanced coordination and documentation for institutional customers seeking maintenance or repair on a motor vehicle; contact users to alert them of pending preventative maintenance, interface with vendors to coordinate repairs while balancing safety and down time and prepare work orders.
- Coordinate the completion of smog checks and manufacturer recalls on government owned and General Services Administration (GSA) leased vehicles.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate preventive maintenance (PM) and repair records in both LLNL’s fleet maintenance database and GSA’s PM database; monitor vehicle maintenance status and provide regular updates to supervisor.
- Communicate with a variety of commercial manufacturing companies, suppliers, and technical Laboratory personnel in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Anticipate and reconcile support problems such as compliance with safety standards and ES&H regulations and procedures.
- Function as the primary fuel station operator at Site 200, performing daily alarm monitoring and fuel level checks and report any hazards or potential hazards.
- Provide regular detailed status updates and reports to supervisor and customers/requesters. Anticipate and reconcile service problems, including technical factors affecting critical milestones.
- Perform other duties as defined.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Associate degree in mechanical field or equivalent related certificate or diploma with related work experience.
- Intermediate skills and understanding of writing motor vehicle work orders.
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions and conflicting/changing priorities, as well as plan and organize work while maintaining schedules, timeliness, and excellent customer service.
- Advanced experience with personal computers and associated software such as Microsoft Word, Teams, Outlook, and Excel.
- Possess effective written, verbal, and presentation skills necessary to interact tactfully and effectively with a diverse group of personalities and disciplines.
- Advanced technical skills and knowledge to solve, recognize and diagnose complex mechanical issues.
- Experience providing advanced coordination support through specialized technical and administrative knowledge.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) certification.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of LLNL ES&H and security requirements and policies.
- Experience performing DOT inspections
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Flexible Term appointment, which is for a definite period not to exceed six years. If final candidate is a Career Indefinite employee, Career Indefinite status may be maintained (should funding allow).
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.