Classified Service Desk Technician - ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 08/10/2023
Job Code: 525.2 Computer Support Technologist / 525.3 Sr Comp Support Technologist
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$39.05 - $48.50 Hourly for the 525.2 level
$46.90 - $58.24 Hourly for the 525.3 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We're looking for a Classified Service Desk Technician. You will be a member of the LivIT Classified Service Desk Team providing tier one support for classified systems access, incidents, and requests in support of LLNL classified networks. You will report to the Information Technology Operations (ITO) Division in the Computing Directorate.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
- Provide effective and efficient customer service and support with the ability to multi-task.
- Provide general technical guidance to the local users in support of all IT services supported by the Classified Service Desk.
- Create, document, escalate, and track concise tickets through ServiceNow.
- Write technical articles, solutions and how-to documentation for support and end users.
- Maintain appropriate technology, computer security, and safety training.
- Assist with testing and piloting new Classified IT services and tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 525.3 level
- Provide advanced technical analysis and troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, and consistent resolution of IT problems.
- Identify, analyze, and document tending issues that are affecting the Service Desk and report to the appropriate service providers and/or management, including scripting repetitive tasks to help improve call duration wait times.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Associate’s degree in a Computer or Engineering related field or the equivalent combination of education, technical training and related experience.
- Experience working with customers, addressing issues, and managing customer concerns and requests over the phone and/or in person.
- Proficiency and experience with the Windows and or Linux Operating systems.
- Experience troubleshooting, analyzing, and resolving moderately complex IT problems with a focus on details to ensure follow-through to assure problems are resolved.
- Experience writing technical solutions and commercial knowledgebase articles.
- Ability to achieve and maintain a high level of technical proficiency.
- Experience and knowledge of the skills needed for a customer support role to include a focus on listening, rapport-building, good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with individuals with all levels of technical and non-technical skill sets, friendly and approachable nature, and courtesy and patience.
- Strong active listening, typing, and documentation skills and specifically, the ability to type by touch.
Additional qualifications at the 525.3 level
- Ability to identify and document trending and/or systemic issues and consider/propose resolutions to the responsible service providers.
- Advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, and consistent resolution of IT problems.
- Ability to script repetitive tasks to help improve call duration and wait times.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience using the ServiceNow (or similar) ticket management tool as well as writing knowledge base articles in ServiceNow.
- Experience working at a service desk and/or call center.
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience with account management systems, (e.g., Active Directory, Multi-factor authentication) as well as understanding of classified network policies and procedures.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.