Badge Office Team Lead
Administrative | livermore, CA | 05/25/2023
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Security Organization
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$34.63 - $42.05 Hourly (405.4)
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Badge Office Team Lead who will perform a combination of complex and difficult administrative and/or task-oriented duties with conflicting priorities. The Badge Office Team Lead is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the training, scheduling and badging of staff members and visitors at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) including high-level Protocol visits. This position is in the Security Organization, Information & Personnel Security Division (IPSD), Badge Office.
In this role you will
- Represent management in daily matters; frequently interact with all levels of management internal and external to the Laboratory to gather, clarify, disseminate and coordinate information and activities.
- Exercise intermediate direction, leading, directing, and/or coaching activities as liaison to access requestors and hosts.
- Coordinate the scheduling and badging of staff members and visitors.
- Coordinate activities with multiple components. Independently solve problems that are of broad scope and complexity including coordinate and facilitate the scheduling and badging of high-level visitors and interact regularly with Protocol.
- Participate in implementing functions within the Division. Recommend, establish and implement new techniques, procedures and processes to improve productivity.
- Train personnel in all Badge Office functions.
- Serve as a resource for Badge Office personnel as well as site personnel, interpreting policies and procedures, and communicating information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Knowledge of badging procedures and policies. Administrative experience, with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage and complete complex projects with firm deadlines.
- Experience working independently under minimal supervision in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, critical deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization to all levels of management, internal and external to LLNL, with mature judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Postings. LLNL’s hiring practices:
- Never requires job applicants to pay an application/training fee or submit personal documents like bank account details, passport number, Social Security number, tax forms or credit card information as part of the application process.
- For interviews and to be granted access to a Federal facility, a LLNL employee will contact you directly to collect visa, passport number, and/or Social Security number. To vet the authenticity of the employee please have them provide you their name and phone number and verify at people.llnl.gov.
- Involves at least one interview (virtual or in-person) and never interviews job applicants through chat platforms such as Google Hangouts, or via correspondence through text and instant messaging systems.
- Only sends email communications to job applicants from domain “@llnl.gov” or via their applicant tracking system, [email protected]. Occasionally LLNL uses third-party vendors that will contact you about job opportunities. If a recruiter contacts you to apply, you will always be directed to our career page to apply through our career site.
- Encourages all applicants to visit LLNL’s careers page at www.llnl.gov/join-our-team/careers if they saw the job posting on another site prior to applying to ensure the job posting is accurate and valid.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.