WTE Associate Program Director for Conventional Weapons - Active Clearance Required
Executive | livermore, CA | 05/24/2023
Job Code: TSM.2 Technical Manager 2
Organization: Weapons and Complex Integ
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$268,440 - $346,416 Annually
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for an Associate Program Director (APD) for Conventional Weapons within the Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and integrating the work of multidisciplinary teams to successfully complete programmatic deliverables in support of LLNL’s Conventional Weapon Missions, with funding sources from NNSA, and the Department of Defense (DoD) Strategic Partnership Programs (SPP). You will work directly with project teams and interact with middle and upper management internal and external to the Laboratory. This role reports programmatically to the WTE Program Director within the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Associate Directorate (PAD).
In this role you will
- Provide management oversight, technical direction, and leadership for Conventional Weapon portfolios, and weapon related technology and development within the WTE Program.
- Develop and establish clear strategies and long-range goals to achieve WTE and WCI programmatic goals.
- Exert influence in the development and implementation of WCI and WTE objectives, budget preparation, and strategic planning.
- Lead the development of WTE Conventional Weapon staffing requirements and work with discipline organizations to build teams to support execution of scope.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Support WCI PAD Office SPP execution and business development activities.
- Support external relationships with non-NNSA customers, including the DoD, Office of the Secretary of Defense, other government agencies, and industry partners.
- Develop and implement plans to promote inclusion, diversity, equity, and culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Expertise in weapon engineering and testing, and familiarity with weapon design.
- Extensive experience managing and leading a significant technical portfolio of large-scale projects, supporting large-scale projects led by others, and ability to deliver results.
- Extensive experience directing technical leaders, delegating and effectively leading, motivating, and building complex interdisciplinary teams to achieve programmatic and institutional goals.
- Extensive knowledge of managerial and financial practices, and the ability to effectively balance complex technical and budgetary priorities to achieve desired results.
- Advanced problem solving, analytical, technical, organizational, and management skills necessary to independently advise, recommend, and approve appropriate actions and implement solutions.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, necessary to effectively explain, present, negotiate on matters of significance to the organization, advise, and influence all levels of management.
- Extensive experience sustaining productive relationships with other divisions, directorates, laboratories, NNSA, National Security Enterprise production agencies, other institutions across the DOE and DoD enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience implementing plans that promote and value diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in the workplace.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Postings. LLNL’s hiring practices:
- Never requires job applicants to pay an application/training fee or submit personal documents like bank account details, passport number, Social Security number, tax forms or credit card information as part of the application process.
- For interviews and to be granted access to a Federal facility, a LLNL employee will contact you directly to collect visa, passport number, and/or Social Security number. To vet the authenticity of the employee please have them provide you their name and phone number and verify at people.llnl.gov.
- Involves at least one interview (virtual or in-person) and never interviews job applicants through chat platforms such as Google Hangouts, or via correspondence through text and instant messaging systems.
- Only sends email communications to job applicants from domain “@llnl.gov” or via their applicant tracking system, [email protected]. Occasionally LLNL uses third-party vendors that will contact you about job opportunities. If a recruiter contacts you to apply, you will always be directed to our career page to apply through our career site.
- Encourages all applicants to visit LLNL’s careers page at www.llnl.gov/join-our-team/careers if they saw the job posting on another site prior to applying to ensure the job posting is accurate and valid.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now