Unified Communications Engineer (UC Engineer)
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 05/12/2023
Job Code: 393.2 Systems & Network Sr Associate
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory's mission.
$126,120.00 - $156,576.00 Annually
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We're looking for a Unified Communications Engineer. You will work independently as a technical expert on a collaborative team, focused on the successful implementation of the Cisco Collaborative Suite of products at LLNL in support of the larger National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) complex. You will be in the Enterprise Infrastructure Services Division (EIS) within the Computing Directorate, to support the LivIT Program.
Business needs dictate that this position requires an on-site presence multiple days a week. Therefore, telecommuting options will be limited.
In this role you will
- Work as part of a team that is geographically located across multiple locations, to architect, build, and implement a Cisco Unified Communications environment with Cisco CMS and Collaborative Edge Services (Cisco Expressways, Instant Message Federation, Web Connectivity, etc.).
- Provide highly advanced daily operational guidance for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Expressway, Cisco Meeting Server (CMS), and Video Teleconferencing Equipment (e.g. Cisco, Poly, etc).
- Collaborate with team members to develop Service Level Agreements, Change Management, RCA, Incidents (P1/P2) and Voice Documentation (KB Articles, SOP, etc.).
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to determine required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Engage with technical staff to contribute to the technical strategy and design to meet business needs.
- Diagnose and resolve complex VoIP/video/web conferencing and/or web application sharing system problems.
- Work independently under minimal direction with a high degree of maturity, discretion, and judgment.
- Occasionally perform work outside normal business hours to provide support for operations and maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer or Engineering related field or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and one or more of the following products: Cisco Jabber, Cisco CMS, Video Teleconferencing, Cisco Expressways, or Webex.
- Extensive experience contributing to all aspects of complex and/or large UC projects.
- Advanced knowledge of Audio Video ports, networking, QOS, ports and protocols.
- Broad experience independently eliciting requirements from the customer.
- Significant experience authoring, editing and presenting technical information and documents.
- High-level to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff, development teams and other ancillary project members.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Postings. LLNL’s hiring practices:
- Never requires job applicants to pay an application/training fee or submit personal documents like bank account details, passport number, Social Security number, tax forms or credit card information as part of the application process.
- For interviews and to be granted access to a Federal facility, a LLNL employee will contact you directly to collect visa, passport number, and/or Social Security number. To vet the authenticity of the employee please have them provide you their name and phone number and verify at people.llnl.gov.
- Involves at least one interview (virtual or in-person) and never interviews job applicants through chat platforms such as Google Hangouts, or via correspondence through text and instant messaging systems.
- Only sends email communications to job applicants from domain “@llnl.gov” or via their applicant tracking system, [email protected]. Occasionally LLNL uses third-party vendors that will contact you about job opportunities. If a recruiter contacts you to apply, you will always be directed to our career page to apply through our career site.
- Encourages all applicants to visit LLNL’s careers page at www.llnl.gov/join-our-team/careers if they saw the job posting on another site prior to applying to ensure the job posting is accurate and valid.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.