Virtual Desktop Engineer/Desktop Engineer
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 05/12/2023
Job Code: 393.1 Systems & Network Associate / 393.2 Systems & Network Sr Associate
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$104,220.00 - $129,384.00 Annually for the 393.1 level
$126,120.00 - $156,576.00 Annually for the 393.2 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Virtual Desktop Engineer/Desktop Engineer. Working closely with the Desktop Services engineering team, you will operate, and support enterprise class desktop management systems used to support the mission of the lab. This position is in the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD) within the Computing Directorate, in support of the LivIT Program.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Recommend, justify, and implement operational service level improvements using an accepted change control methodology.
- You will interface directly with end users and work with the engineering team in the performance of root cause analysis of reported problems.
- You will work with Engineering and management in the planning of project milestones and staff expansion.
- Design and deliver creative solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner while collaborating within a diverse group.
- Ensure service levels are met and highest levels of service reliability are maintained.
- Define and maintain support documentation and procedures.
- Be a team player, maintain appropriate technology, computer security, and safety knowledge.
- Lead and mentor junior operations team members in best practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 393.2 level
- Manage multiple complex parallel tasks and priorities of customers and stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met, while leveraging team member’s skills.
- Leverage tools and develop procedures to improve windows configuration management services and automate various complex tasks.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of administering Windows desktop and servers in large enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technologies such as VMWare Horizon.
- Knowledge of thin client administration and support.
- Proficiency using PowerShell or similar automation platform to administer Microsoft systems and services.
- Experience effectively working in a dynamic, technical team environment with competing priorities.
- Proficient written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of management and staff as well as outside vendors, contractors, service providers and consultants.
Additional qualifications at the 393.2 level
- Substantial experience architecting and administering highly redundant and fault tolerant enterprise Windows server environments including deployment, patching, monitoring, backup and repairing.
- Substantial knowledge and experience with PowerShell or similar automation platform to administer Microsoft systems and services.
- Advanced ability to provide innovative approaches and apply new technologies to broadly defined tasks and projects.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience using VDI technologies such as VMWare and VMWare Horizon
- Significant experience automating Windows server and Desktop builds.
- Good understanding of how to apply SCCM/MDT/WSUS in an enterprise context.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Postings. LLNL’s hiring practices:
- Never requires job applicants to pay an application/training fee or submit personal documents like bank account details, passport number, Social Security number, tax forms or credit card information as part of the application process.
- For interviews and to be granted access to a Federal facility, a LLNL employee will contact you directly to collect visa, passport number, and/or Social Security number. To vet the authenticity of the employee please have them provide you their name and phone number and verify at people.llnl.gov.
- Involves at least one interview (virtual or in-person) and never interviews job applicants through chat platforms such as Google Hangouts, or via correspondence through text and instant messaging systems.
- Only sends email communications to job applicants from domain “@llnl.gov” or via their applicant tracking system, [email protected]. Occasionally LLNL uses third-party vendors that will contact you about job opportunities. If a recruiter contacts you to apply, you will always be directed to our career page to apply through our career site.
- Encourages all applicants to visit LLNL’s careers page at www.llnl.gov/join-our-team/careers if they saw the job posting on another site prior to applying to ensure the job posting is accurate and valid.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.