EAM CMMS Software Developer
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 05/10/2023
Job Code: SES.2 Science & Engineering MTS 2 / SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$123,960.00 - $159,168.00 Annually for the SES.2 level
$148,650.00 - $190,932.00 Annually for the SES.3 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for an EAM CMMS Software Developer (Enterprise Asset Management, Computerized Maintenance Management System). You will contribute to a broad spectrum of site operations across the Laboratory by developing and integrating CMMS and data analysis tools, addressing operational system applications, while working with members of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team. This position is in the Enterprise Application Services Division within the Computing Directorate, in support of the LivIT Program.
This position will be filled at either the SES.2 or SES.3 level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
Telecommuting options are available for this position.
- Define, design, and implement modules in the EAM software package in collaboration with project team members, consultants, business stakeholders.
- Design and develop moderately complex EAM workflows and integrations with external systems.
- Migrate data from legacy systems into the EAM software package.
- Respond to and resolve operational issues.
- Complete technical reviews, support code migration, and provide technical artifacts for an internal knowledge base.
- Work independently and collaboratively as part of a cohesive team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the SES.3 Level
- Design and implement complex integrations with 3rd party software packages.
- Independently develop complex software packages to solve abstract problems.
- Provide innovative approaches and apply new technologies to broadly defined tasks and projects.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in all aspects of software project life cycle: feasibility, requirements, design, coding and implementation under configuration control, integration, test, and deployment.
- Experience in Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket or similar software collaboration and configuration management technologies.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel with the ability to work independently, with minimal guidance, in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills necessary to prepare, present, and document technical information.
Additional Qualifications at the SES.3 Level
- Significant experience implementing complex Oracle SQL and PL/SQL software solutions.
- Broad experience applying effective analytical and problem-solving skills to moderately complex problems, such as identifying data integrity issues and errors.
- Significant experience developing business intelligence reports using MicroStrategy or IBM Cognos or a similar business intelligence software package.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience implementing web services.
- Experience tuning Oracle SQL queries.
- Experience developing automated ETL routines using industry-standard software (e.g., Safe Software FME Desktop/Server)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Beware of Fraudulent Recruiting Advertisements. LLNL’s hiring practices:
- Never requires job applicants to pay an application/training fee or submit personal documents like bank account details, passport number, Social Security number, tax forms or credit card information as part of the interview process.
- Involves at least one interview (virtual or in-person) and never interviews job applicants through chat platforms such as Google Hangouts, or via correspondence through text and instant messaging systems.
- Only sends email communications to job applicants from domain “@llnl.gov” or via their applicant tracking system, [email protected]. Occasionally LLNL uses third-party vendors that will contact you about job opportunities. If a recruiter contacts you to apply, you will always be directed to our career page to apply through our career site.
- Encourages all applicants to visit LLNL’s careers page at www.llnl.gov/join-our-team/careers if they saw the job posting on another site prior to applying to ensure the job posting is accurate and valid.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now