Performance Assurance Intern
Administrative | livermore, CA | 04/14/2023
Job Code: 705.1 Under Grad Student
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Student Intern
Security Clearance: Either no clearance, DOE L or Q clearance depending on assignment. Clearances require U.S. citizenship and a background investigation. Uncleared positions over 179 days may require an investigation.
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$21.40 - $29.00 Hourly
This position is under a step structure. Please note that the step placement is determined by your most recent completed academic year.
The Performance Assurance (PA) group has an opportunity for an undergraduate intern to support safety and compliance to laws, codes, directives, and standards, and to support efficient work execution, higher product quality, continuous improvement, and timely product delivery.
In this role you will
- Create assessments with issues and corrective actions in the Issues Tracking System (ITS) for the purpose of testing documents when changes and new releases of the system are published;
- Assist in updating, reviewing, and editing controlled documents;
- Run and distribute quality control reports to identify pending items;
- Review and test written guidance documents and instructions for entering and managing items in ITS;
- Create reports in ITS for monitoring overdue actions, issues, assessments, causal analysis, effectiveness reviews, etc.;
- Participate in testing of changes to CAS applications on the DevonWay platform;
- Summarize and report data on improvement efforts;
- Create training material and resources for persons unfamiliar with improvement methodologies;
- Conduct gap analysis, utilize project charters, create detailed process maps, construct implementation plans, and incorporate metrics to verify and sustain improved performance;
- Check validity of existing list of flow down documents;
- Organize and manage the Team SharePoint Site; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a continuing college or university student in good standing at an accredited institution pursuing an undergraduate degree in system engineering, industrial engineering, or other related fields.
- Engaging verbal and written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to establish working relationships with people from a broad spectrum of functions and contribute in a cross functional environment.
- Skilled at analyzing data and providing respective summary of results.
- Ability to work in diverse work environments and meet commitments.
- Demonstrated academic achievement in curriculum.
Qualifications We Desire
- GPA of 3.0 or above.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Holiday Pay
- Sick leave accrual
- Individual 401(k) contributions
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires either no security clearance, or a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level or Q-level clearance depending on the particular assignment.
If you are selected and a security clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. L and Q-level clearances require U.S. citizenship.
If no security clearance is required, but your assignment is longer than 179 days cumulatively within a calendar year, you must go through the Personal Identity Verification process. This process includes completing an online background investigation form and receiving approval of the background check. (This process does not apply to foreign nationals.)
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.