Technical Release Representative - Active Clearance Required
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 03/17/2023
Job Code: 538.2 Technical Coordinator / 538.3 Sr. Technical Coord.
Organization: Weapons and Complex Integ
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
$36.50 - $47.28 Hourly for the 538.2 level
$43.78 - $56.70 Hourly for the 538.3 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We're looking for a Technical Release Representative (TRR). You will provide technical coordination and administrative support for the purchase, movement, and disposition of the Advanced Simulation Computing Program's (ASC) large subcontracts, hardware, and parts to support the High-Performance Computing Center. You will also procure Facility related acquisitions supporting LLNL's ASC Program's facilities. You will work within the Weapons Simulation and Computing (WSC) Program within the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Directorate.
These positions will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at a higher level.
In this role you will:
- Provide general technical coordination support for LLNL's corrective action projects, planning, estimating, and inspecting.
- Provide intermediate coordination in meeting corrective action project requirements and planning; coordinate the efficient use of workforce, materials, equipment, and time to ensure efficient completion of program work.
- Coordinate and track materials for customers and jobs, working with technical personnel to develop and implement standards and specifications.
- Process and procure mechanical systems and use established techniques and procedures to provide detailed status updates and to resolve basic solutions to technical issues.
- Provide resolution of vendor supply, obtain authorization for substitutions, job orders, and other related actions to resolve problems and ensure scheduled deadlines.
- Communicate with vendors, requesters, and other partners in the department, LLNL Procurement, LLNL Receiving, and Program personnel.
- Log and report activities and tasks by Technical Release Representative Policy and Procedures
- Guides management and provides detailed status updates to supervisor and customers/requesters.
- Apply detailed knowledge of the Supply Chain Management policies and procedures and apply the WCI WSC TRR Team procurement procedures.
- Work with technical contacts across multiple work units to ensure procurements and deliveries meet deadlines.
- Support plans to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition, at the 538.3 Level
- Make decisions regarding product alternatives, supplier selections and substitute hardware and materials using LLNL guidelines, techniques, and procedures.
- Provide advanced coordination support and formalized reporting of procurement deliverables and provide interface between LLNL and supplier, e.g., on time deliverables, milestone reviews, and complex technical resolutions during processing.
- Resolve complex issues with vendor supply, suggest substitutions, and other related actions to resolve complex problems potentially preventing delays in processing the receipt and reconciliation of materials which could have a significant impact on programmatic operations and milestones.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
- Associate degree in mechanical technology, information systems, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Intermediate skills and understanding of relevant technologies and processes, procuring, and coordinating mechanical systems and ability to solve moderately complex technical issues.
- Knowledge of acquisition processes; programmatic approval, bid, award, receive, property management, reconciliation, and close-outs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Technical Release Representative Certification.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, associated desktop office software, and database systems and associated reports.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and consistent follow-through to ensure problems are resolved or reported promptly and policies and procedures are followed.
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills along with interpersonal skills necessary to work with a diverse workforce including high-level technical support personnel, scientists, engineers, and professionals.
- Experience resolving vendor and supply chain fabrication problems, providing solutions and substitutions.
- Experience with mechanical terminology, standards, procedures, and techniques related to manufacturing practices.
- Experience working to ensure accuracy of requirements including areas such as Environmental Safety & Health and security considerations for procurements.
- Demonstrated ability/commitment to valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in the workplace.
In Addition, at the 538.3 Level
- Advanced skills and understanding of relevant technologies and processes, including standards, procedures and techniques related to coordination.
- Advanced experience handling multiple projects and complex tasks with frequent interruptions and conflicting/changing priorities.
Qualifications We Desire
- Current TRR certification
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now