Nuclear Facility Project Manager
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 03/17/2023
Job Code: TSS.3 Technical Services & Ops MTS 3 / TSS.4 Technical Services & Ops MTS 4
Organization: Weapons and Complex Integ
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$136,500 - $183,888 Annually for the TSS.3 level
$163,740 - $220,632 Annually for the TSS.4 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Nuclear Facility Project Manager to support our project engineering group in meeting milestones. You will have technical and administrative management responsibility, including managing plans, schedules, budget, corrective action activities, and reporting on project status. You will be a member of the Directorate Operations Team. This position will be in the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the TSS.3 or TSS.4 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Independently prepare project documentation, perform data gathering, and coordinate internal and/or external document comments/reviews.
- Directly collaborate with internal clients to ensure project and programmatic requirements are well defined and achieved; partner closely with the project’s internal Construction Manager during pre-construction and construction activities.
- Manage the project baseline cost, schedule, and scope. Control variances and apply Earned Value Management practices.
- Ensure a strong quality control and quality assurance program is implemented throughout the project lifecycle, utilizing LLNL standards throughout.
- Establish and maintain database, spreadsheets, or tracking systems to document and track status of action items.
- Ensure that action items are completed by the due date, and proactively follow-up on any outstanding items.
- Manage the process to secure required building and work permits.
- Initiate or oversee various monthly reports; analyze results and report to management.
- Develop and implement plans to promote culture, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the TSS.4 level
- Under consultative direction, independently lead, organize, and execute multiple construction projects simultaneously.
- Manage large highly complex projects that frequently may not be well defined and require status reporting.
- Perform formal risk analyses to identify, manage, and mitigate risks throughout the project lifecycle including factors that may be intangible.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Structural, Architectural, Industrial Engineering or Construction Management or the equivalent combination of education and previous relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience with various project delivery tools, methods and contract forms, such as design-build and design-bid-build.
- Advanced knowledge of and significant experience with construction means, methods, and products.
- Experience with construction in cleanroom, industrial and/or laboratory facilities.
- Strong track record of promoting and implementing safe work practices, including OSHA, environmental, safety and health standards.
- Experience working in a technical and multidisciplinary environment, including working directly with scientists, engineers, technicians, and designers.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to collaborate within an integrated team. This includes the ability to present and explain technical or operational information and provide recommendations to management, regulators, reviewers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience implementing plans that promote and value diversity, equity and inclusion principles in the workplace.
Additional qualifications at the TSS.4 level
- Subject matter expert knowledge and application of project management processes.
- Substantial experience managing complex, multidisciplinary construction projects within operating facilities.
- Expert knowledge and substantial experience with detailed costing and schedule tools and techniques applied to construction projects.
Qualifications We Desire
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM), or Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification.
- California Professional Engineering Registration.
- Familiarity with California Building and Life Safety Codes, including OSHA and NFPA, and national consensus standards, such as NEC, ASTM, ANSI, ASME, and ASHRAE.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.