Environmental, Safety & Health | livermore, CA | 03/16/2023
Job Code: E01.4 Business Analyst 4
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$125,160 - $162,120 Annually for the E01.4 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
The Environment, Safety, and Health (ES&H) Directorate has an opening for a Business Analyst. ES&H is a multi-discipline directorate with 100+ complex and dynamic ES&H programs that we manage for the Laboratory, a $85+M budget, and 450+ employees. In this Business Analyst role, you will be a member of the Planning and Performance Management Office (PPMO) staff reporting to the PPMO Office Leader. You will be responsible for working across ES&H to understand business processes, develop process maps, gather, and organize requirements, propose, and facilitate process improvements, facilitate application implementation including training and reporting, and develop and manage change and configuration processes for ES&H IT Applications. In this role, your collaboration, facilitation, and engagement across ES&H, and with our valued Liv-IT partners, will be critical to the implementation of the Directorate’s strategic IT transformation initiatives.
- Provide in-depth facilitation to technical staff and management to understand and map business processes, develop, and manage technical requirements, develop and facilitate user acceptance test scripts, and partner with Liv-IT to implement transformative business applications.
- Develop and implement internal change/configuration management processes for ES&H managed applications.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to build project implementation timelines.
- Manage the progress of work and monitors change management by working as a liaison between technical staff and management.
- Implement project management processes, ensuring a standard of high-level project planning, stakeholder engagement, execution, and appropriate controlling/monitoring of major ES&H IT application projects.
- Develop and deliver formal proposals for the implementation of application changes to improve information and processing systems; serves as the primary contact for management for critical change initiatives.
- Facilitate and interact with internal resources to complete project activities.
- Train, mentor, and lead other team members related to business and/or processes, functionality, and quality; establish direction and requirements for others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, ES&H, physical sciences, or other related technical fields, or equivalent combination of education and related technical experience.
- Experience designing and implementing improvements for a functional business discipline in the areas of process improvement, workflow, and streamlining. Developing integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decisions.
- Experience developing business process documentation and training materials.
- Experience managing multiple, integrated projects and leading business transformation activities using project management methodologies, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Experience applying strong analytical and problem-solving skills, developing research plans for data gathering and analysis.
- Experience as a team leader implementing business solutions and knowledge of project management practices. Experience training/mentoring team members on complex technical directions and new systems requirements.
- Skilled in generating, and maintaining, successful and effective working relationships with a broad cross-section of management, technical, and administrative personnel.
- Effective verbal and written communication, facilitation, collaboration, and presentation skills required to communicate with multidisciplinary team members and influence outcomes.
Qualifications We Desire
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA).
- Lean Six Sigma certification.
- Experience working at DOE or non-government hazardous facilities, ES&H, and/or work planning and control roles.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.