Project Controls Analyst
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 03/16/2023
Job Code: Q01.1 Project Controls Analyst 1 / Q01.2 Project Controls Analyst 2
Organization: Operations and Business Office
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
- $72,480 - $93,864 (Q01.1) Annual
- $86,910 – $112,584 (Q01.2) Annual
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Project Controls Analyst, who will review production and integrity of cost, schedule, earned value data, and coordinate baseline changes. This position is in the Project Management Office (PMO).
This position will be filled at either the Q01.1 or Q01.2 level depending on your skills, knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if selected at the higher level.
- Assist with preparing and verifying accuracy of costs and schedule variance analysis, estimate-at-complete forecast development, as well as collection, preparation and development of cost, schedule, risk, and earned value data.
- Assist in the coordination of baseline changes for PMO projects by coordinating high level institutional approvals, ensuring that the requested change is in compliance with change control policies and procedures.
- Prepare and review basic monthly and ad hoc reports for multiple projects; pull information from various sources into presentations and/or other communications.
- Assist with development of project milestone tracking, and identify, track, and report on critical schedule activities.
- Assist in preparing graphic presentations and information regarding estimating, cost, schedule, and earned value data for meetings and reporting.
- Perform tasks relating to establishing and implementing status and techniques for updating and monitoring schedule data needed for effective schedule control in MS Project.
- Align financial data with project activities, load actual costs, and prepare monthly accruals using financial systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the Q01.2 Level
- Analyze, develop, prepare, and present cost, schedule, risk, and earned value data.
- Gather historical data and comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between projects and provide preliminary analysis.
- Monitor and prepare costs and schedule variance analysis; assists with development of Estimate at Completion (EAC) analysis.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative risk tools to identify, track, mitigate, and define residual risk within projects.
- Ability to maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant functional discipline or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Basic knowledge of cost, scheduling, estimating, and earned value reporting software tools such as Primavera (P6) or MS Project and Cobra (Deltek).
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools including Excel and PowerPoint; ability to pull information from various sources into a presentation.
- Basic knowledge of project controls functions, including cost control, cost analysis, and planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis.
- Experience working effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to follow and make decisions within area of responsibility in accordance with established practices, policies, and procedures while maintaining interaction with supervisor and/or more senior level personnel on new tasks and assignments.
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively establish and maintain highly productive working relationships with a diverse workforce, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
In Addition at the Q01.2 Level
- Knowledge and experience working with general Project Controls and Earned Value applications.
- Experience with project controls functions, including cost control, cost analysis, and planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis.
- Experience identifying, analyzing, and solving problems and performing statistical analyses.
- Knowledge of integrating risk management into project baseline and performing Monte Carlo analysis using software tools such as Crystal ball.
Qualifications we Desire
- Certified Associate of Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.